This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Reconnect Network Drives

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI



When booting up my laptop, Dell Inspiron 600m, I keep getting the following messsege…..

COULD NOT RECOONECT ALL NETWORK DRIVES

What does this mean? and how can I fix it so that messege won't keep popping up?

THANKS
is that a computer you used at work via a network or proxy. can you browse the internet? check proxy settings: with IE open tools>internet options>coonection tab>LAN settings make sure box under proxy settings isnt checked.

My laptop is mainly used at home. At home it is used wirelessly via a router on our desktop computer. If I go somewhere and can access a wireless network I will use my laptop there.


it is set as………….automatically detect settings.
right click on my computer icon on desktop, select disconnect network drives, in case one had ever been used. see if that helps

Will I have to reinstall our wireless network onto the laptop then??

no, you wont, you might get a msg about there are "no drives to disconnect"

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI