This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Internet browser redirects

8 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Good Job :thumbup:

use Add/Remove Programs and remove Ewido unless you want to keep it. It's only a 14 day trial version.


Log looks good :D :thumbup: How is it running any issues?

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.





If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Thanks for your help. Seems that all is running fine. Do you suggest keeping Ewido on in its basic version, which is what it reverts to after the trial period? I'll get those programs, but do they also add realtime monitoring? Do you think my combination of Norton and Windows Defender are adequate? I want to be protected, but there's a point at which the whole system bogs down. Finally, how does your free firewall compare to McAfee firewall, which I have installed (but the subscription just ran out)? Again, thank-you for your help.

Thanks for your help. Seems that all is running fine.

Do you suggest keeping Ewido on in its basic version, which is what it reverts to after the trial period?

I'll get those programs, but do they also add realtime monitoring? Do you think my combination of Norton and Windows Defender are adequate? I want to be protected, but there's a point at which the whole system bogs down.

Finally, how does your free firewall compare to McAfee firewall, which I have installed (but the subscription just ran out)?

Again, thank-you for your help.

If it doesn't slow your system down, I'd keep Ewido, use Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Spyware Blaster.
I've used Sygate firewall for years and haven't had any trouble wit it.

Thank-you. One last clarification:
Can Ewido and Norton AV be used simultaneously?

Yes, Ewido isn't a Anti-Virus program.


Great job :thumbup:

You're more then welcome.
Glad we were able to help

Peace be with you :wavey:
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI