This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Java trojan - quick question

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I try to go to a web addy I get a Java script pop up that my Norton stops. This is only happening to me when I try to look at the webpage suretopleasesiamese.com What I would like to know is this Java scrip pop up originating on my computer or is it embedded in the webpage I am trying to visit or is it somehow attached to the addy or where is it coming from? :huh:

Thank you for helping me to understand this.


This link has been removed due to the possible damage it could do to your computer.

Do not post links like this in this forum
Hi, iv'e just tried that link panda blocked it and i also got a pop up from panda saying virus neutralised so i suggest you edit and remove link from your post…….. Regards pacman
When Norton AntiVirus (with Script Blocking enabled) detects a suspicious script it will automatically stop it.
And chances are it was embedded in the webpage……
Java applets are Java programs embedded in HTML pages and can run automatically when the pages are viewed. Malware authors have used Java applets as a vehicle for attack.
Most Web browsers, however, can be configured so that these applets do not execute - sometimes by simply changing browser security settings to "high."
Remember to keep your antivirus and firewall's updated….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI