Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

ERROR ICON MSN INBOX - CANT DELETE JUNKMAIL

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sandra4453

sandra4453

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:51 PM

I have no idea what's going on. I posted a log file in the appropriate section here for spyware but am not sure if it is spyware or a virus that's causing strange behavior. I've been told by computer technicians (without seeing computer) that from my description I have a virus or spyware. I ran NAV, spybot and adaware (latest versions). I'm always keeping the computer clean, clearing temp files, running scans, cleaning disks, defragment. I've even gone so far as to uninstall NAV and install AVG because I was told that AVG picks up more viruses than NAV. Everything comes up clean. I've since uninstalled AVG and put NAV back. I've also spent countless hours on the phone with my ISP (msn) tech support, manurfacturer tech support and everyone is telling me something different. Nobody has helped me. Before I bring computer in to reinstall the os (because this is what another technician told me I'd have to do), could someone here PLEASE help me? PROBLEM: My home page is my msn hotmail page. This page shows an error code in the task bar when I'm there. As well, my junk mail folder cannot be deleted. I am able to move the mail to another folder which I do in order to delete all the mail from this folder. This is the only problem that ever ocurrs in ie. I want to add sp2 which totally crashed the first time I installed it into my then, brand new computer in March 05. Had to have the os reinstalled then and have been scared to do it again. I realize the importance of this upgrade/update and was preparing my computer for this installation but don't want to proceed until I get this resolved. My log from a few days ago: Forum: HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal · Post Preview: #266459 CAN YOU HELP ME? Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 5:31:53 PM, on 3/16/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Edited by sandra4453, 16 March 2006 - 05:00 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove