This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Log Provided Please Advise

56 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok I did both. #1 There is a box…"My current home page" It will not delete, or even give me the option. Synchornize, Properties, and New are the only options available. #2 Reg entry successful nothing happened though
FYI…and just in case I have caused any confusion…it is the Taskbar icons that are huge. Desktop icons are normal. errr can't post a screeny (understandable)

the icons in the start menu got smaller, but the icons in the quick launch section of the task bar are still ginormous

Are these on the right side where the clock is?
Can you put the mouse on the line where the pointer looks like 2 arrows, then click, hold and drag to make the line / space smaller. Does that make any difference?
The slider is not there, but…………. I had the taskbar on the left side of the screen in a vertical position. I dragged it to the bottom of the screen, then on taskbar: right click>toolbars>unchecked quick launch>right click>toobars>check quick launch. It is all fixed. Start says start, icons are normal size again. Thanks again I mean this in the best way possible…I hope I never have to see you again :wavey:

I mean this in the best way possible…I hope I never have to see you again

:rofl:

Good Job :thumbup:

use Add/Remove Programs and remove Ewido. It's only a 14 day trial version.


Log looks good :D

Note: This will remove all previous Restore Points

Turn off System Restore:

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Restart your computer, turn it back on.

On the Desktop, right-click My Computer.
Click Properties.
Click the System Restore tab.
Remove the Check Turn off System Restore.
Click Apply, and then click OK.

Double-click My Computer.
Click the Tools menu, and then click Folder Options.
Click the View tab.
Check "Hide file extensions for known file types."
Under the "Hidden files" folder, Uncheck "Show hidden files and folders."
Check "Hide protected operating system files."
Click Apply, and then click OK.





If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster, Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.

Keep your system up to date and run Adaware & Spybot, once a week works, and hopefully you will be ok from here on. Both are available below.

Safe Surfing. :D

I would also suggest you read this:
So how did I get infected in the first place?
by Tony Klein
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI