This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Those were checked. I am trying to see if he can print and it says one of the utilites was deleted. I bet that was yesterday! I can't uninstall or install the printer w/o it. I don't know what it is though. Sort of like the firewall issue. I am in limbo.
Did you setup the printer for sharing? Did you setup your C drive for sharing? Is there documentation with the equipment you bought for setting up the network, file and printer sharing etc.?
The Belkin people did not help me at all re: setting up a network. Anyhow I did get the printer loaded fine, but it says it is disconnected. This is the tired old message I have been getting which means we are not networked. I do not know how to set up the C drive for sharing, or if it already is. Same with printer.
Printer was set to sharing… as for the C & E drive, am I s'posed to go into properties and click sharing tab and enable the sharing there? If so, it asks for a file name to share from the drive…
Cooncatz please do not follow any of the above directions by Gam In dustries as they are incorrect! Please post a HJT logs in the following forum and someone will be along to help soon. I have contacted one of our teachers to help you
Too late! That was yesterday and I deleted a bunch of stuff. LDTate has been helping me this morning. I have networking troubles big time.

Printer was set to sharing…
as for the C & E drive,
am I s'posed to go into properties and click sharing tab and enable the sharing there?

If so, it asks for a file name to share from the drive…

For file sharing, you only do this if you want to share files. For now, just open My Computer and Right Click on C Drive and select sharing IF you want to share files.

Is the printer working on both PC's?
Yes I ran across LDTate's responses after removing all of Gam Industries posts to you…he will help you get things back to normal he is the teacher I was going to ask to help you. Sorry I was too late to stop what happened yesterday… dgosling
I tried to enable the sharing yesterday with the drivers needed for 98, but it prompts me to browse where the file is or put in a disc. I have no idea what to do here.I

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI