Software
Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!
20 min read
LDTate
Is everything working?
Cooncatz
Well, sumptin still wong.
I can only get him on though the Google toolbar icon. Usually a homepage will load, but that doesn't happen…. It just hangs and I click on the Google icon and can then surf.
In the N/N area I see the network I named (MSHOME) and I see his computer that I named (NICK) but I do not see mine… I see share picture and file icons there too, but nothing that links to me???
Cooncatz
On mine, when I look in MY Network places, he (NICK) is not there…
LDTate
Once on the internet, click on Tools> Internet Options and see if you can create a Home PageI can only get him on though the Google toolbar icon. Usually a homepage will load, but that doesn't happen…. It just hangs and I click on the Google icon and can then surf.
Can you see your PC from his PC?In the N/N area I see the network I named (MSHOME) and I see his computer that I named (NICK) but I do not see mine… I see share picture and file icons there too, but nothing that links to me???
Cooncatz
There is an option to "add network place," am I supposed to add him this way? If so, how do I know what his address is?
Cooncatz
Can you see your PC from his PC?
NOPE!
Cooncatz
I can't see him on mine or mine on his.
Cooncatz
AHA~ I see NICK on mine but it says he is inaccessible!
Cooncatz
Says network path was not found. NICK is not found on the network.
I may not have administrative rights….
LDTate
It's getting over my head now
Have you set anything like sharing or allow access? I'm guess here.
Cooncatz
Last I know it was all set to sharing.
Cooncatz
This just bites.
I am so frustrated! I been at this since Friday!
At least he can get online, but why can't we network?
LDTate
So what are you trying to do? Share files?At least he can get online, but why can't we network?
Cooncatz
He needs to be able print.
Besides, now it's the principal of the thing. I spent $120 on this equipment and he is s'posed to be able to be connected to me!
LDTate
Lets try this:
On your PC, Right Click on the My Computer Icon.
Select Remote> put a check on under Remote Desktop> Allow users to connect.
You can also read the Learn More About Remote Desktop
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI