This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Maybe I was s'posed to select these way back when when I said there were 3 TCP/IP and I did not pick the Belkin? And when 2 had checks and I unchecked the Belkin?
CD key?!? I am too tired … I have to quit.. I can't type, can't spell, and can't think. It has been years since I had 98 installed. It came on the pc so I don't know anything about a key. Why can't I just install the disc i have?
OK. Tomorrow I will try to reinstall Windows 98. I think it's the only choice. At least I can say I tried! Thanks for all of your help. I really appreciate it! Janet
Did the W98 PC ever work correctly?
If so, try this:


Restart your computer and when you hear the first beep:

Start tapping the F8 key until the startup menu appears.

Choose the Command Prompt Only option then press Enter.

At the C:\
Type in scanreg /restore. NOTE the space between the g /restore, it needs to be there.
It will prompt you for your choice of registry to restore. Pick a date of a registry that used to work properly. Then you'll be prompted to reboot.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI