This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

2 things: #1 Incoming connections No clients connected #2 Local Area Connection #2 LAN ot highspeed internet Connected Realtek Ethernet… J
He had a bunch there. He has Client for Mic NW Micosoft family logon print sharing then all the equip is listed Everything is enabled for sharing
OK, yes there is Net Neigh on his desktop. The last time I clicked it is said inaccessible with an error box. Meantime I re-ran Wizard on mine not choosing the main location, but the one that was pre-selected (gateway) and the Wizard worked. I do not know why my PC thinks it is not the main one, but okay I guess? Then I went and ran it on his it worked. The log in came up too with his name that I did on mine! Changes were applied and it had to reboot. It froze with: Vsmon ndetect Explorer I am rebooting again. I have no word on my HJT report and my envelope is coded so people may think I already am getting help with that issue. I do believe there is still something wrong. I will do what you told me to do now. Thanks.. J
Ok. Most things were checked already except for #5 which had 2 selected. It had 802.11 and the TCP/IP. 802.11 is the wireless, but I checked only TCP like you said. There also was in #2, 3 TCP/IT's The Belkin, the ethernet and some other TCP/IP. There was no microsoft TCP. I picked the 3rd TCP/IP. Hope it was the right one? I rebooted and he froze again with: Ndetect and Explorer I will reboot, but I know it will keep doing the same thing. On a good, note in network neighborhood showed us there with no error! J
I ran a Norton utility remover. I think it missed some according to the log. Zone showed up in 3 places on the log and I think (altough I am not sure what I think now) Norton is by Zone? I will do what you request… J
I got rid of Norton weeks ago as it was nasty, uh, still is? I have no idea if the prior owner ever had Zone anything. But remnants are here so I guess so! How do I get them off? J
Sorry, I don't want to make a mistake… what is the best way to do that? Can I cut them from the find screen? It doesn't give me the option to send them to a file, just 'my docs' or desktop, floppy, etc. Where do I do this from?
I did not find anything you wanted me to delete! :( There was no Symantec. All I saw re: Zone was: Zone labs client trust EZ armor (which is the new firewall/anti-virus stuff I put on weeks ago.) Why would it say Zone client? AND True Vector C:\zonelabs\VSmon.exe This is all, and it wasn't on the list, should I get rid of it?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI