This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

That page does not tell me how to get the drivers… it seems to assume I can. I am actually prompted to find the 98 drivers on my system! It doesn't find them no matter what drive I pick.
You should be able to download the drivers from the internet if you don't have the install CD for the printer. What is the model and model number of the printer?

I have the printer CD… is that what they wanted???

I would think so. Not sure how you do this, but I think I'd install the printer on the W98 PC, by using the CD
I already had it installed and am trying to locate the printer like the guide said. Anyhow i have the disc in and it keeps telling me it can't locate it and hpobxt07.dll. I also did the browse on NICk puter and it cannot find my printer! I did everything they told me to except, add the drivers whic isn't working.
Back to square 1. He is getting rundll32 again and MIError and cannot get online! All I did was unistall the printer. When I booted it it loaded 'new equipment' which was the Belkin! I do not know why! I just want to get him online and forget networking. No printer.
Turn off everything. Uplug the Power from the router and external Modem if you have one and wait about 5mins. Power the Modem up, then the Router and then the PC's.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI