Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Dialers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoJoCHead

JoJoCHead

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2004 - 04:12 AM

Hi im new, my name is JoJo i was wondering cause ive had problems with dialers billing me international calls i didnt make. Ive had to argue with phone companies about bills that i never made and from phone companies i dont even have deals with. I was wondering, who makes the money out of all this??? Is it the phone companies from the millions of people who will be getting bogus international call charges of which some will actually pay or does the money go to the hacking mutts??? JoJo

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 little eagle

little eagle

spyware hawk

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,968 posts
  • Interests:spyware

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:23 AM

Try reading this thread.http://www.spywareinfo.com/rd/dialers/ just one of the many :wavey:

Edited by little eagle, 18 April 2004 - 01:24 AM.

#3 JoJoCHead

JoJoCHead

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2004 - 01:53 AM

I reckon the phone companies are part of the scam. Ive had phone bills from 3 different phone companies come to me. And im only with 1 phone company! At each instance they tried to reassure me that i had a phone bill for some logical, legitimate reason and tried to make me pay the charges. I never paid them but i had a charge that was 300 something buck from some phone company i never heard of, a 1 dollar bill from optus! and a 100 something bill from telstra. THe Telstra lady was the most aggressive but i was confident that i was under no obligation to pay despite her aggressive attitude towards me that i pay. She even made it out as if she were doing me a favour for waiving the fee, then she tried to make me buy certain services from telstra so that it would not happen again :oops: when i refused she said this was the last time they would waive such bills, to that i did not agree either. Since the phone companies realise there are scams going on, yet they do not do anything to stop it i am pretty sure they are part of the scam. These dialers are a scam and if the law adheres to one of its concepts that wrongdoers cannot profit from the law and if the law of equity has any value, no one should pay these bills no matter how much these 'nuetral' phone companies threaten to do something. i doubt any law court would allow someone to profit from such a fraudulent act. NEVER PAY!!!! But seriously, does anyone know IF the phone companies are getting a slice of the action????