It stores passwords and other information encrpyted on your computer or exportable to take with you to a floppy or other media.
Password protected so it is secure.
Now the reason I am posting about this:
I have had 5 instances this year with having to find info on comps for dearly departed…
Don't let your loved ones go through this problem as it is nearly impossible to find everything you need from a computer once that person is gone. Much of thier life will be locked away and you won't have access to it.
Do your loved ones a lovely thing and store them in some kind of fashion for them to retrive if something happens to you.
Thanks, Tom. That's a good idea. Now all I need do is make sure my husband remembers how to boot up the computer.
I see it even has a couple skins to select from.
Very cool Tom!! What a great idea!
and yes, I'm gonna change my passwords now so they're all different! Just uhmm, let's not tell Bobbi I was using the same one for everything.
The problem with programs that keep your passwords handy is that if you aren't doing regular backups, when you lose your data you lose your keys.
I recommend that whatever you use, KEEP HARDCOPY too. Hide it somewhere hard to find. Don't tape it to the monitor!
It's not hidden if it's in your wallet. Even crosscut shredders don't shred well enough to keep important data away from someone who really wants to get at it - defense companies shred documents into a powder. Don't tell anyone, not even your spouse, your password. And of course, absolutely don't use the same password everywhere you go! More about that in a moment.
I run a forum using phpbb. When someone types their email address wrong - and it's easier than you think - their verification email gets back to me. Usually I take a moment to correct it in the forum and drop them a line. I've been able to log into spammers accounts on other forums - only where I don't expect to revisit in case they ban *my* ip address. So I usually tell the folks with the wrong email address to change their password to something other than their user id.
Even with all those precautions someone was able to hack my wordpress installation from somewhere in the UK via FTP. That particular password isn't written down anywhere and the only other computers I log in from are my work computer and my laptop. Very disconcerting!
Paranoid? You bet!