This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Please Help! Computer is sending Email by itself

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I must have some sort of virus or spyware my computer will try to send out like 200 emails at a time is doesn't do it constantly just like once a day. I have symantec antivirus and it blocks all the e mails and leaves a dialog box on my desktop for each one that it blocks ( this is the only way that I knew that it was happening) but when I get home from work I will have to go and clear off between 100 and 200 of those dialog boxes. anyway I know something is not right. I also have ad-aware SE personal and have ran it and removed everything that it found. I run it regularly about once a week. Please give advice. Thanks
pick out one or two of these to do a online scan:

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan/licence.php
check AutoClean under Scan Options.

Panda ActiveScan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti…CACHEHINT=Guest

Kaspersky virus scanner
http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner

TrendMicro
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp
check Auto Clean.

F-Secure virus scanner
http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx
ok I did that and even while the scan was running my computer was trying to send emails and the virus scan didn't stop it. It did it the whole time the virus scan was running and continued to do it after the scan also, any other advise? Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI