This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

cannot get past user and password to microsoft.com

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have been using Microsoft spyware and I wanted to go to Microsoft and renew it as it expires tomorrow. When I go to Microsoft.com I get this square with user name and password. I know that is not necessary and I have seen a lot of spyware, malware stuff but nothing like this. Anyone have any ideas? Richard79408 Oh here is my heading from hijact this Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 11:10:53 PM, on 12/30/2005 Platform: Windows XP (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)
Greetings,
I thought it odd that I could not get on to Microsoft.com yet I could easily go other places. But as time went on Ifound that places that offered spyware \virus services that I was also being kept off.

I finally found a virus checker on line here

http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

That found two nasties that my other stuff missed.

[1]Generic.Qhost

[2]Backdoor.Botect.gtpb.gen

I was using Microsoft Anti Spyware and on therenewal date it would not let me back on to renew.

I have no idea as to where these came from but it took me most of a day to get rid of them

So, If you have this problem you know what to look for.

Richard :rofl:


Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI