Thanks, will get them and post the hjt log
Just upgraded from Norton AV 2005 to 2006 and use basic Zonealarm firewall, but also behind a router.
Really appreciate the amount of online time you and your peers spend helping the likes of me.
In Explorer I can see all the programme and data folders that were there before but they are virtually all empty.
There are some pay for data recovery programs. I've never used any of them so I don't know if they work or not.
Strange that the folders are there but no files.
The log you posted looks good.
Keep those programs you downloaded and hopefully this won't happen again. I would also recommend you backup important data and programs.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.