This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

IE Freezes - XP

7 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is beginning to look like a hardware issue. I found that the cooling fan on the video card was not running. I bought a new video card and installed it. I am now having trouble getting past the bootup. It stops at a line that reads: Multi (0) disk (0) rdisk(0) partition (1)\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys I think I need to reload the video card drivers, but am back to problems getting the recovery disk that the scoll set me to function. I have two disks: 1. tangent “Recovery CD” - Bootable CD BIOS Locked V 1.2 It came with a booklet that says it is Windows 98 2. Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 - November 2004 Systems Student Media I have tried booting up with both of these in the CDROM drive and it still looks like it is booting on the hard drive. When I have the recovery CD in the CDROM it looks like it reads it for a little bit, but then goes on to the hard drive. When I have the XP disk in, it only tries to read it for a short time. What am I doing wrong???
Closing for daparker and at the request of the member:

Phil:
da was real real responsive when we were activly corresponding. Something must have come up. Hope everything is OK with him/her.
I think you ought to halt both threads that I started. I looked real close at the mother board and several of the 6.3 v 1000 micofarad caps are bulging - like they have failed, or are at least getting "flanky". I actually got all the way to putting in the password today, and it froze. So apparently the video drivers are OK and the Video card is OK!
I am going to try to replace the caps tomorrow. In the mean time none of you folks ought to be wasting time on this! I'll let you know what comes of it.
Thanks again for all your help.

Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI