This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Trojan DOWNLOADER-ACV just won't go away!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi! In desperate need of assistance! I have used SEVERAL different antivirus programs, spywares and adwares to try and get rid of Downloader-acv that seems to have affixed itself to uicjuxf.exe. It has been detected by at least three of them, two said it was "fixed" or quarantined but McAfee (which is what found it in the first place) says it can neither be cleaned or deleted and even if I quarantine it, it still keeps popping up a red flag. I read in the archives someone else was having a similar problem, but honestly had no clue what I was reading nor how to interpret what information might be helpful to me. Here is my log info: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 11:35:14 AM, on 11/19/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106) Not sure if this is related, but I also have a Backweb error that pops up everytime I log on to my computer and I get an error that Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close probably every 2 minutes everytime I come online now, but if I click the close button it doesn't log me off, it just closes the window and minutes later, pops up again. My computer is also prone to "quirky" things now, like a pointer that wonders, desktop icons that move (one is just completely gone altogether) and odd stuff like that. I also was told to try and use a restore point to get rid of the trojan, only to find that ALL of my restore points were corrupted and my computer couldn't be restored to any other time! I have used the antivirus programs to get rid of a lot of the pop-ups, but there are still about a dozen that randomly sneak back in, it is driving me nuts! Any help greatly appreciated! TGirl4800
Hi Timmygirl4800.

As you have a trojan, please scan with HijackThis, and post the entire log in the HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware removal forum.

If 5 days go past without you getting a response, please post a link to your thread in the "What To Do If You Have No Response In 5 Days?" thread, which is pinned at the top of the 'HijackThis Logs…' forum.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI