This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

SWI outage - "gone wrong" upgrade

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Update…

- http://tinyurl.com/b6txb
"Today at 04:54:31 PM »
First of all DON'T PANIC!
This forum is not permanent. I am just putting this up so that SpywareInfo will have a working message board while I try to fix the regular board. THE DATABASE IS FINE. THE OLD MESSAGE BOARD *SHOULD* BE FINE. I just have to restore it and I can't do that for another 12 hours. I have to upload the backup files and those files are enormous.
After I (hopefully) get the old board running again, I plan to convert it to Vbulletin. Obviously I can't use the newest version of Invisionboard because it seems to have a bug. I can't continue with the old version because it has several unpatched security problems. By all accounts, Vbulletin is better anyway for very large message boards like SWI's…"

:oops: