This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

code 42 how do I fix?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 14:37:08, on 12-11-2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) I have recently installed a keysonic, ack-5000hl USB keyboard on my computer. In the device manager I am getting a motherboard resources error "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because there is a duplicate device already running in the system. (Code 42)". I don't know how to fix this. I have tried unistalling the keyboard and reinstalling it, that doesn't work. I have also tried booting in safe mode and using show all hidden devices to see if the duplicate turns up but it doesn't. Anybody know how I can fix this? Cheers.
plug in the keyboard that works.. Now go in device manager, uninstall both devices. Reboot… plugging in new keyboard while computer is off.. (may have to go into BIOS and set the option "Halt on …." to halt on no errors. ) then let windows find it and install it.
Thanks, I'll have to have another look at this. The first time I tried your suggestion it cleared up the problem, but after shutting down and booting up the following day the problem came back.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI