This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

malware in C:\System Volume Information\_restore

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I ran Kapersky virus scan, just to double check my NAV, and among the items in the report were the following: C:\System Volume Information\_restore{FC410490-7AE3-4CCB-9F1C-204F35B7DF3D}\RP186\A0094740.exe/WISE0021.BIN Infected: Backdoor.Win32.Ruledor.c C:\System Volume Information\_restore{FC410490-7AE3-4CCB-9F1C-204F35B7DF3D}\RP186\A0094740.exe/WISE0022.BIN Infected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Mudrop.o C:\System Volume Information\_restore{FC410490-7AE3-4CCB-9F1C-204F35B7DF3D}\RP186\A0094740.exe Infected: Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Mudrop.o What have I got here? Seems to say that a restore point may have been created with active malware. Am I OK as long as I don't restore, and how can I delete this restore point just to be sure? Also in the report: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\eXactAdvertisingBargainsBuddy1.zip/msexreg.exe Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\eXactAdvertisingBargainsBuddy1.zip Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\eXactAdvertisingBargainsBuddy18.zip/msexreg.exe Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Recovery\eXactAdvertisingBargainsBuddy18.zip Suspicious: Password-protected-EXE I read this as Spybot has already identified and quarantined the BarginsBuddy threat, but it also appears to be in the Spybot recovery file. Same question as above, how can I delete this?
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI