Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Toasted Windows

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jojodogfaceboy

jojodogfaceboy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 12:54 PM

I left Internet Exolorer open while I ate dinner, and when I came back it was closed. When I try to open it all of the desktop icons and the start bar blink out, then reappear. This also happens with windows explorer, control panel, trash can, My documents and who knows what else. I can still access the net through Outlook, and do updates to windows. I have run norton, ad-aware, spy-ware. I tried to restore from last month. I then tried re-loading my windows XP upgrade, (now restore is not available). Any Ideas?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:55 PM

Hello jojodogfaceboy

It would be best to look at a HijackThis Log. If you don't already have HijackThis, please:

1.Open 'My Computer', then open 'C' (or the hard drive with Windows) Now, 'right-click'>New>Folder
That will create a folder named 'New Folder', which you can rename to "HJT". Now you have C:\HJT\ folder. Put your HijackThis.exe there. This ensures that HJT can make backups of the changes we make.

2. Download Hijackthis to the new folder from:

http://www.mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

3. Unzip HijackThis.zip into the new folder. Then double click on HijackThis.exe to start the scan.

4. Scan with Hijack This. Once the scan is done, the 'scan' button will change to 'Save Log'.

5. Click on 'Save Log' to save it to the new folder. At the same time a 'Notepad' window will open with the log in it.

6.Copy (Ctrl-A to select all and Ctrl-C to copy) the log and Paste it into this POST using 'Add Reply'.

You will see a button beside the 'Scan/Save Log' button marked 'Fix Checked'.
**DO NOT FIX ANYTHING. The people here will analyze your log file and tell you what steps need to be taken to fix your problem. most of what it lists will be harmless and/or essential.

Edited by dgosling, 05 April 2004 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#3 dgosling

dgosling

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:25 PM

urbanspice your log has been moved Here
Posted Image