This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Need Help Please!

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Please help! I thought I thoroughly cleaned my system, but I still think that I've got some weird stuff going on. I'm so frustrated…I've spent hours in front of this computer and I think I've probably downloaded more anti-virus and spy/ad ware stuff then I need. :wall:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 1:51:25 AM, on 10/23/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\alrsvc98.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vidmon\vidmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\WINZIP\winzip32.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\WINDOWS\system32\Searchx.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: TalMgr Class - {70230839-555C-4862-8D42-BB1E2352502C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\italhomu.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ca6109856330] C:\WINDOWS\system32\alrsvc98.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vidmon] C:\WINDOWS\system32\vidmon\vidmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service76] C:\WINDOWS\\\etb\\pokapoka76.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ichckupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS2] "C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/EZT/Toolbar/eztdl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E9670165-86FE-4C34-8C4B-D3158DDC5D92} (Installer Class) - http://downloads.shopathomeselect.com/axin…all4110_sp2.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE
Hello katdawg0375, You have a nasty mess here, if you still need help please do this: 1) You have nasty infections that often attract others. My advice to you is to stay off line until you are clean unless you are troubleshooting your issues. 2) Since things change in the HJT log quickly with infections, post a new hjt log. I will respond as soon as possible after you post. Thanks…pskelley TomCoyote forum Expert Member
Hi pskelley,

Thank you so much for responding! I've pasted a new hjt log below, but just to give you an update of what I've done so far:

I've run Ad-Aware, Spybot, AVG and Norton - deleted/removed all infected files. After removing all of the infected files I noticed that Pokapoka.exe was still in my program files. I was able to delete it in safe mode, but I think it may be back again. Also, I saved a shortcut to Hijackthis on my desktop, but after I rebooted, it disappeared. Every time I log back in - I see new shortcuts saved on my desktop that I didn't put there.

I normally use Yahoo browser to surf the net - but now it won't even open. I'm forced to use IE and now I keep getting those pesky pop-ups every few seconds! Also, YDDESERVERWINDOW keeps showing up in the task manager when nothing is running????

I've banned my kids from using MySpace, as I was told that was probably where all the viruses came from.

Oh yeah! - WinFixer2005 does not show up from the list of programs from the Control Panel, but when I open up the program files with Explorer, the folder is listed. I thought AVG deleted it!

I appreciate your time!


Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:21:41 PM, on 10/28/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\alrsvc98.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vidmon\vidmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\unzipped\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer,SearchURL = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = file://C:\WINDOWS\system32\Searchx.htm
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.clicktomakeasearch.com/sp2.php
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: wb - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsv3D.dll
O2 - BHO: TalMgr Class - {70230839-555C-4862-8D42-BB1E2352502C} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\italhomu.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {702EA91C-1ACF-4772-8078-18F2B2EE1031} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ca6109856330] C:\WINDOWS\system32\alrsvc98.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vidmon] C:\WINDOWS\system32\vidmon\vidmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System service76] C:\WINDOWS\\\etb\\pokapoka76.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ichckupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS2] "C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/EZT/Toolbar/eztdl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E9670165-86FE-4C34-8C4B-D3158DDC5D92} (Installer Class) - http://downloads.shopathomeselect.com/axin…all4110_sp2.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE



Hello katdawg0375, You have a nasty mess here, if you still need help please do this:

1) You have nasty infections that often attract others. My advice to you is to stay off line until you are clean unless you are troubleshooting your issues.

2) Since things change in the HJT log quickly with infections, post a new hjt log. I will respond as soon as possible after you post.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Expert Member

Hello, I must start with an apology :( our notifications system which is supposed to notify me when you post has failed, I caught your post during a routine check. I will post the start of the cleanup proceedure now, if you no longer need help, just let me know so I can stop. Once again, sorry for the websites notification failure. Follow the instructions in the posted order.

Thanks to miekiemoes for this fix.

1) Please download LQfix.exe from one of the following locations:

http://www.downloads.subratam.org/LQfix.exe
http://miekiemoes.geekstogo.com/tools/LQfix.exe

Save it to your desktop.
  • Double-Click LQfix.exe and click Next > Next > Install.
  • Leave the default settings, if you change them, the fix will Fail!
  • You need an active internetconnection, so make sure your you're not blocking any connection now.
  • Now make sure the "Launch LQfix" box is checked.
  • Click the Finish button, after clicking the Finish button the fix will start.
  • Follow the on-screen prompts.
  • Your system will reboot afterwards.
  • Please be patient after the reboot, there is a script running in the background that needs to complete.
2) Download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Review the instructions http://www.ccleaner.com/help/tour1.asp and please do not run it until I ask you to.

3) Download, update, configure and run these two programs: http://tomcoyote.org/aawsb.php
The newest version of Ad-aware is 1.06 and Spybot 1.04. Even if you have these programs, use the link to get the newest version, update and configure them as in the link. Run Spybot first, reboot then run Ad-aware. Both programs back up what they remove so delete anything the programs say should be removed.

4) Ewido scan:
Please download Ewido Security Suite it is a trial version of the program.
  • Install ewido security suite
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.
  • The program will now go to the main screen
You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
  • On the left hand side of the main screen click update
  • Then click on Start Update
The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update Ewido.
Ewido manual updates

Once the updates are installed do the following:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • NOTE: During some scans with ewido it is finding cases of false positives.**
    • You will need to step through the process of cleaning files one-by-one.
    • If ewido detects a file you KNOW to be legitimate, select none as the action.
    • DO NOT select "Perform action on all infections"
    • If you are unsure of any entry found select none for now.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Now close ewido security suite.
**(Ewido for example has been flagging parts of AVG Anti-Virus, pcAnywhere and the game "Risk")


5) Run CCleaner, Windows & Applications when you run the registry cleaner (Issues) you will be prompted to backup before you can remove stuff, make sure you do. Then restart the computer and post a new HJT log and the Ewido scan results in this same thread along with any feedback you have. I will watch for your post so we can clean you up quickly, there will be more to do.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Expert Member
No worries! :D I appreciate your response. I've attached a new HJT log below and the Ewido logs as well (I ran it twice and found new viruses both times).

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:40:34 PM, on 11/6/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: wb - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsv3D.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {702EA91C-1ACF-4772-8078-18F2B2EE1031} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: IRiras Class - {95C60327-8E17-44D6-98EB-7EB70CC606DD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasjqyn.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ichckupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS2] "C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/EZT/Toolbar/eztdl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E9670165-86FE-4C34-8C4B-D3158DDC5D92} (Installer Class) - http://downloads.shopathomeselect.com/axin…all4110_sp2.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

———————————————————
ewido security suite - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 6:56:21 PM, 11/5/2005
+ Report-Checksum: CA6EE9D8

+ Scan result:

HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} -> Spyware.InternetOptimizer : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D} -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3023AF97-870E-476A-B30E-3923DF2B84BD} -> Spyware.EZtracks : Cleaned with backup


::Report End

———————————————————
ewido security suite - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 4:35:51 PM, 11/6/2005
+ Report-Checksum: DC1C3673

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Cookies\me@adtech[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup


::Report End
No worries! :D I appreciate your response. I've attached a new HJT log below and the Ewido logs as well (I ran it twice and found new viruses both times).

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:40:34 PM, on 11/6/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: wb - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsv3D.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {702EA91C-1ACF-4772-8078-18F2B2EE1031} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: IRiras Class - {95C60327-8E17-44D6-98EB-7EB70CC606DD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasjqyn.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ichckupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS2] "C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/EZT/Toolbar/eztdl.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E9670165-86FE-4C34-8C4B-D3158DDC5D92} (Installer Class) - http://downloads.shopathomeselect.com/axin…all4110_sp2.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

———————————————————
ewido security suite - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 6:56:21 PM, 11/5/2005
+ Report-Checksum: CA6EE9D8

+ Scan result:

HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00000010-6F7D-442C-93E3-4A4827C2E4C8} -> Spyware.InternetOptimizer : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{00A6FAF1-072E-44CF-8957-5838F569A31D} -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{07B18EA1-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA} -> Spyware.MyWebSearch : Cleaned with backup
HKU\S-1-5-21-57989841-790525478-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{3023AF97-870E-476A-B30E-3923DF2B84BD} -> Spyware.EZtracks : Cleaned with backup


::Report End

———————————————————
ewido security suite - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 4:35:51 PM, 11/6/2005
+ Report-Checksum: DC1C3673

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Cookies\me@adtech[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup


::Report End
My friend, let me say it seems notifications do not want you to get help. I will say that the site software has been having issues and this may be the reason. I am rarely more than a few hours responding, if you are still out there, I am going to continue. If you post and do not hear from me in 12 hours (EST/USA) post again asking where I am, thanks. I am looking at the most recent HJT log when I am posting this reply: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 4:40:34 PM, on 11/6/2005

1) I am concerned with this one: C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe My scanners say it is bad, and I would like you to use these free online scanners to see if it is:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
Use them all if you have to to validate this item one way or the other. Post the results for me please. I am going to schedule removal, if you find it is not bad, then do not remove it.

This is a tough one, there is a lot of bad stuff left that ewido could not remove, first we must kill a bad service:

2) Disable the offending Service
Click Start < Run and type services.msc.
Scroll down to Command Service and right click on it.
Click Properties and under Service Status click Stop, then under Startup Type change it to Disabled.

Delete the offending Service
Open HijackThis and click Config -> Misc Tools -> Delete an NT service.
In the Delete window, type cmdService and press OK.
OK any prompts, close HijackThis, and restart your computer.

2) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…/search/ie.html
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O2 - BHO: wb - {55BE9F0D-6CAF-4c3e-B125-5A13A8C9D0EC} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsv3D.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {702EA91C-1ACF-4772-8078-18F2B2EE1031} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: IRiras Class - {95C60327-8E17-44D6-98EB-7EB70CC606DD} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasjqyn.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ichckupd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CAS2] "C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [irassync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
09 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Java - {9E248641-0E24-4DDB-9A1F-705087832AD6} - (no file)
O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe
O16 - DPF: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-DEFA-EB76B1D5FA7D} - http://eztracks.aavalue.com/EZT/Toolbar/eztdl.cab
O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://download.games.yahoo.com/games/web_…aploader_v6.cab
O16 - DPF: {E9670165-86FE-4C34-8C4B-D3158DDC5D92} (Installer Class) - http://downloads.shopathomeselect.com/axin…all4110_sp2.cab
O23 - Service: Command Service (cmdService) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\command.exe (file missing

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

Enable hidden files&folders..reverse the process when finished.
http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html

RIGHT Click on Start then click on Explore. Locate and delete these items:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\irasyncd.exe >>> file

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ichckupd.exe >>> file

C:\Program Files\System Files\System.exe <<< you checked this one. I am not sure if the .exe needs to go or the whole folder. If it is bad, take a look to see what you think. If you are unsure, remove the .exe and let me know what is in the folder.

C:\WINDOWS\TWUA\ >>> folder (should be gone, but check close)

C:\Windows\Prefetch\ >>> delete everthing in this folder (NOT THE FOLDER)
Prefetch info: http://www.windowsnetworking.com/articles_…refetch-XP.html

Empty the recycle bin and restart the computer. It would not hurt to run CCleaner again also. Then post a new HJT log to see how we did, let me know how the computer is running now. Once again, sorry for all of the website messups…Phil :(

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Expert Member

When you are completely finished with the removal procedure and are satisfied that the threat has been removed follow these instructions:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgen…src=sec_doc_nam
Hi Phil,
Thanks for staying on top of this, I'm sure you must get pretty busy with all of the people you help. I must say again that I sincerely appreciate your time. Hopefully, I've followed your instructions correctly! I made some notes as I went along. :weee:

1) Subsequent to the previous HJT log, Ewido alerted me of a virus = c:\program files\system files\system.exe, I allowed the program to clean/repair the file, thus, it was not present when I searched per your instructions; I could not run any of the scanners.

2) Command Service - I did not have the option to "stop" so I just disabled it.

3) I found the irasyncd.exe and deleted it, the ichckupd.exe and system.exe files were not present, I deleted the the TWUA folder and all of the contents in the Prefetch folder. The items remaining the System Files folder were: hldata.cdb, kwdata.cdb, plugin.dll, uninstall, and upd2.

4) As I was looking through the Program File folder, I noticed a WinFixer folder, so I deleted it. I deleted a System Icon folder that contained ad icons.

Please see the new HJT log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 7:54:59 PM, on 11/11/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ybrowser.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: CNavExtBho Class - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe /Consumer
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

The computer seems to be running better. However, I keep hearing a clicking sound when I have an internet browser open. It sounds like a new window is being open even when I'm idle??? Maybe I'm just being paranoid? :D

-Kathy-

Ewido just found another virus….

———————————————————
ewido security suite - Scan report
———————————————————

+ Created on: 8:41:34 PM, 11/11/2005
+ Report-Checksum: 2D562DAC

+ Scan result:

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Cookies\me@tribalfusion[1].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned with backup


::Report End
Hi Kathy, I wish to apologize once more for all of the confusion because of notification failures. I want to look back over things to see if I missed any questions you asked, if I do not reply to items you mentioned, it means you were correct in how you handled it.

I've banned my kids from using MySpace, as I was told that was probably where all the viruses came from.

If this is by Microsoft, they did have an issue a while back where a member posted a link to problems and I am sure that is resolved. I had another member get infected like this. I have my own "Space" and I firmly believe that while Microsoft has handled the problem, care should be taken wherever one surfs, not only there. If I locate the information any time soon I will post it for you.

ewido security suite - Scan report Created on: 4:35:51 PM, 11/6/2005

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Cookies\me@adtech[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
Understand that this is a Data Miner (ewido calls it a spyware.cookie) I don't allow them on my computer. They are usually harmless but should be removed with IE on a regular basis. Some cookies you must allow to insure safe passwords, access to secure accounts, etc. Here is some information that might help.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/…acy/config.mspx I do not use the Yahoo browser, but it should have similiar settings.

The computer seems to be running better. However, I keep hearing a clicking sound when I have an internet browser open. It sounds like a new window is being open even when I'm idle??? Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Not quite sure what this is, does it occur with Yahoo as well as IE, keep me posted on it.
We have another item to deal with, I probably missed this in the confusion with notifications but you appear to be running both Symantec and AVG by Grisoft. Running two antivirus programs causes conflictions that will make you less safe than if you run one good program and follow the directions to keep it updated and maintained. I strongly suggest you choose one and uninstall the other. If the uninstalling process does not remove the program from Services, make sure you disable all instances of the one you uninstalled.
If you have questions or need help doing this, let me know. Once you have removed one, then update the other and scan the complete computer.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:54:59 PM, on 11/11/2005

This item: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE is an optional removal, see this information: http://castlecops.com/startuplist-180.html If you decide to remove it, you will need to search for it. I believe it is in C:\Windows\ and be careful to remove only that file.

I need your help on this one, I know what NetMeeting is, have it myself, but I have not seen the item in the log like this:
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0 It may very well be valid, see what you can let me know about it. Do you use NM and could that be why it is running.

Kathy, beside those two items, this HJT log is clean and I want you to have this information now.
Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://boards.cexx.org/viewtopic.php?t=957
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.htm

There is one item that was in your log, a DPF that came in as an ActiveX that has been know to install a rootkit, which is very, very bad. I am hoping this is not the case, I have no reason to believe so at this point. I want you to review those links, especially with an eye out to the information about setting ActiveX contols in your browser. You should have it set as they suggest and though you will get asked when you try to install a valid one, that is so much better than a bad one installing without your knowledge.
Stick with me a few more days to make sure all is well, fix the antivirus problem, then post another HJT log with any information you think I should have, and any questions I can help you with.

Thanks…Phil
:wavey:
Hi Phil, Quick question before I proceed…..which software would you suggest that I keep? Is one better than the other? Also, before I go getting myself into anymore trouble…can/do viruses exsist in MP3 files. Thanks, Kathy
Hi Kathy, One you pay for and one is free. One has tech support (if you can ever get them on the phone) the other does not for the free version. I personally use McAfee but it is by habit more than anything, and I installed AVG free on my sisters new Dell. To tell the truth, keeping it updated (I suggest autoupdates for your AV, and running it often is probably more important than the software). Hummm…sounds like I am saying you have to make that call. As far as your question about MP3 files, any file can be infected. Problem with music files is they often are downloaded via p2p networks and there is no way to know if the file is safe without testing each one with your av software. Unless you are absolutely sure of the source, I would be very careful.

On a second item, this: O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe is the nasty that is know to download bundled junk and may well be responsible for all of your problems. My friend from Finland who is an expert on rootkit infections suggests to me that we may want to run a tool to make sure it is not present. Bad thing about the buggers is you can not see them, only by recognizing the symptoms can you know they are there. I believe we should run the tool to be safe. Here are the instructions:

Thanks to Swandog46 who created this tool for us, he also gives us this advice:
Sometimes there will be an uninstall entry in Add/Remove Programs for ContextPlus. If you see this then you know the rootkit is present.
This is a bad one folks; please keep an eye out.

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.


Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished, please reboot back into normal mode, and post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the aproposfix folder.
___________________________________________________________________________

So check Add Remove for the ContextPlus, uninstall it if there and follow the directions carefully to run the tool. Uninstall one of those AV programs, remember to at least disable the Service, then post a new HJT log along with the .txt file from the aproposfix folder, and let me know how the computer is running now.

Thanks…Phil

Hi Kathy, I wish to apologize once more for all of the confusion because of notification failures. I want to look back over things to see if I missed any questions you asked, if I do not reply to items you mentioned, it means you were correct in how you handled it.

I've banned my kids from using MySpace, as I was told that was probably where all the viruses came from.

If this is by Microsoft, they did have an issue a while back where a member posted a link to problems and I am sure that is resolved. I had another member get infected like this. I have my own "Space" and I firmly believe that while Microsoft has handled the problem, care should be taken wherever one surfs, not only there. If I locate the information any time soon I will post it for you.

ewido security suite - Scan report Created on: 4:35:51 PM, 11/6/2005

C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Cookies\me@adtech[2].txt -> Spyware.Cookie.Adtech : Cleaned with backup
Understand that this is a Data Miner (ewido calls it a spyware.cookie) I don't allow them on my computer. They are usually harmless but should be removed with IE on a regular basis. Some cookies you must allow to insure safe passwords, access to secure accounts, etc. Here is some information that might help.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/using/…acy/config.mspx I do not use the Yahoo browser, but it should have similiar settings.

The computer seems to be running better. However, I keep hearing a clicking sound when I have an internet browser open. It sounds like a new window is being open even when I'm idle??? Maybe I'm just being paranoid?

Not quite sure what this is, does it occur with Yahoo as well as IE, keep me posted on it.
We have another item to deal with, I probably missed this in the confusion with notifications but you appear to be running both Symantec and AVG by Grisoft. Running two antivirus programs causes conflictions that will make you less safe than if you run one good program and follow the directions to keep it updated and maintained. I strongly suggest you choose one and uninstall the other. If the uninstalling process does not remove the program from Services, make sure you disable all instances of the one you uninstalled.
If you have questions or need help doing this, let me know. Once you have removed one, then update the other and scan the complete computer.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 7:54:59 PM, on 11/11/2005

This item: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE is an optional removal, see this information: http://castlecops.com/startuplist-180.html If you decide to remove it, you will need to search for it. I believe it is in C:\Windows\ and be careful to remove only that file.

I need your help on this one, I know what NetMeeting is, have it myself, but I have not seen the item in the log like this:
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0 It may very well be valid, see what you can let me know about it. Do you use NM and could that be why it is running.

Kathy, beside those two items, this HJT log is clean and I want you to have this information now.
Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://boards.cexx.org/viewtopic.php?t=957
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.htm

There is one item that was in your log, a DPF that came in as an ActiveX that has been know to install a rootkit, which is very, very bad. I am hoping this is not the case, I have no reason to believe so at this point. I want you to review those links, especially with an eye out to the information about setting ActiveX contols in your browser. You should have it set as they suggest and though you will get asked when you try to install a valid one, that is so much better than a bad one installing without your knowledge.
Stick with me a few more days to make sure all is well, fix the antivirus problem, then post another HJT log with any information you think I should have, and any questions I can help you with.

Thanks…Phil
:wavey:



Hi Kathy, One you pay for and one is free. One has tech support (if you can ever get them on the phone) the other does not for the free version. I personally use McAfee but it is by habit more than anything, and I installed AVG free on my sisters new Dell. To tell the truth, keeping it updated (I suggest autoupdates for your AV, and running it often is probably more important than the software). Hummm…sounds like I am saying you have to make that call. As far as your question about MP3 files, any file can be infected. Problem with music files is they often are downloaded via p2p networks and there is no way to know if the file is safe without testing each one with your av software. Unless you are absolutely sure of the source, I would be very careful.

On a second item, this: O16 - DPF: {26098EA2-C95D-48EA-89B4-63C5A63BD42F} - http://www.pacimedia.com/install/pcs_0031.exe is the nasty that is know to download bundled junk and may well be responsible for all of your problems. My friend from Finland who is an expert on rootkit infections suggests to me that we may want to run a tool to make sure it is not present. Bad thing about the buggers is you can not see them, only by recognizing the symptoms can you know they are there. I believe we should run the tool to be safe. Here are the instructions:

Thanks to Swandog46 who created this tool for us, he also gives us this advice:
Sometimes there will be an uninstall entry in Add/Remove Programs for ContextPlus. If you see this then you know the rootkit is present.
This is a bad one folks; please keep an eye out.

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
http://swandog46.geekstogo.com/aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.


Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished, please reboot back into normal mode, and post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the aproposfix folder.
___________________________________________________________________________

So check Add Remove for the ContextPlus, uninstall it if there and follow the directions carefully to run the tool. Uninstall one of those AV programs, remember to at least disable the Service, then post a new HJT log along with the .txt file from the aproposfix folder, and let me know how the computer is running now.

Thanks…Phil

Hello Phil,
Okay - so here's the update…I've uninstalled Norton and run the AproposFix program; the logs are saved below. I didn't see ContextPlus from my add/remove programs list, however, I did notice a few peculiar things - a program named "Command" was listed; but showed no file size, same with "IE HOST R3" and "NVIDIA DRIVERS". I attemted to remove the command program, but got an error message which read "cannot find script file c:\windows\twua\iehipsyqztocsxjjl.vbs" I did not attemt to remove the other two, as I wasn't sure what they were.

Also, getting back to one of your last questions:

I need your help on this one, I know what NetMeeting is, have it myself, but I have not seen the item in the log like this:
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0 It may very well be valid, see what you can let me know about it. Do you use NM and could that be why it is running.


I use NetMeeting at work - I may have started it once at home just playing around, but I've never had any reason to use it at home. I don't know why it runs, and I don't think I'll ever really have a need to use it.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:43:24 PM, on 11/14/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\mnmsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\LTMSG.exe
C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\MMDiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mim.exe
C:\hijackthis[1]\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://yahoo.sbc.com/dsl
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = 127.0.0.1
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LTMSG] LTMSG.exe 7
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YPC] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\PARENT~1\ypc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YOP] C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] 1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Login - {2499216C-4BA5-11D5-BD9C-000103C116D5} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\ylogin.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra button: WeatherBug - {AF6CABAB-61F9-4f12-A198-B7D41EF1CB52} - C:\Program Files\AWS\WeatherBug\Weather.exe (file missing) (HKCU)
O16 - DPF: {231B1C6E-F934-42A2-92B6-C2FEFEC24276} (yucsetreg Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll
O16 - DPF: {30528230-99f7-4bb4-88d8-fa1d4f56a2ab} (YInstStarter Class) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yinsthelper.dll
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co…b?1102631187062
O16 - DPF: {6A060448-60F9-11D5-A6CD-0002B31F7455} (ExentInf Class) - http://us.games2.yimg.com/download.games.y…ctl_0_0_0_2.ocx
O16 - DPF: {D18F962A-3722-4B59-B08D-28BB9EB2281E} (PhotosCtrl Class) - http://photos.yahoo.com/ocx/us/yexplorer1_9us.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA3662C3-B8E8-11D6-A667-0010B556D978} (IWinAmpActiveX Class) - http://cdn.digitalcity.com/_media/dalaillama/ampx.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoctrl.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: YPCService - Yahoo! Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\YPCSER~1.EXE

Log of AproposFix v1

************

Running from directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\aproposfix

************

Registry entries found:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C6PO3Av9HQmD]
@="yC 6yE\\KLLKLLMLueW5rYIpKLLKaNLuglbmuqLCICD.6RQL\\B2F.BCL7\\9 HG\\6MCIC"
"Device"="\\\\.\\WG8lTAyR"
"DriverPath"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\drivers\\ndpcxwdm.sys"
"DriverName"="ascmaud"
"HideUninstallerName"="C:\\Program Files\\Divick 3\\encpdwxp.exe"
"HDll"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\tweskman.dll"
"ServerAddress"="adchannel.contextplus.net"
"LegalNote"="http://adchannel.contextplus.net/legal-note/nonbranded.html"
"PartnerId"="CP.SAV2"
"InstallationId"="{Xf4fb8d0-40c8-2b6c-1438-8f487412b94a}"
"PageFiltering"=dword:00000001
"ClientName"="C:\\Program Files\\Divick 3\\lmhkager.exe"
"AutoUpdater"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\sofatcha.exe"
"Version"="2.0.106"
"LastAURestoreMsgTS"="2005:11:13-04:58:27:281"

************

Removing hidden service:
Service ascmaud removed.

Removing hidden folder:

Deleting files:

Deletion of file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ndpcxwdm.sys succeeded!
Deletion of file C:\WINDOWS\system32\sofatcha.exe succeeded!
Deletion of file C:\WINDOWS\system32\tweskman.dll succeeded!

Backing up files:
Done!

Removing registry entries:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\C6PO3Av9HQmD]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\C6PO3Av9HQmD]

Done!

Finished!

Lastly, I do still hear the "clicking" sound - I can't figure what's causing it…it's rather strange. I never heard it before I started having all the problems - but other than this, the computer is back in good health again (thanks to you!), aside from an occasional pop-up or two. I'm a happy camper! :D
I’m indebted to you, I would still be pulling my hair out if it weren't for your help. THANK YOU!
- Kathy -
Hello Kathy, Before I look over the information, I want you to know that noises like that usually have to do with hardware issues. Usually a fan, but sometimes a hard drive. I am going to suggest you you go here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/ Follow the directions to run a free diagnostic on your computer. Once you have the report, post here: http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showforum=6 where some excellent folks will help with understanding the report. Once you post if you wish, you can send me a link to that post. Use the PM feature to send it here: http://pcpitstop.invisionzone.com/index.php?showuser=24733 and I will keep an eye on your progress.

Concerning this: c:\windows\twua\iehipsyqztocsxjjl.vbs, what we need is the exact file path for the others like you have given me here. Once you have those, then use these free online scans to find out if they are BAD. Also check this one:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/
http://www.kaspersky.com/scanforvirus
http://www.virustotal.com/flash/index_en.html
These two: IE HOST R3" and "NVIDIA DRIVERS it does not hurt to check them, but you need to know where they are. NVIDIA is your sound but it will be good to scan a good file so you can see the difference. Once you have the scan results, post it for me and we can decide what needs to go at that point.

I use NetMeeting at work - I may have started it once at home just playing around, but I've never had any reason to use it at home. I don't know why it runs, and I don't think I'll ever really have a need to use it.

Use this: http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/ turn off anything (uncheck) that you don't need to boot each time, you can start them via All Programs when you need them. Do not turn off any Microsoft programs needed to run the computer or any security programs. There is nothing wrong with NetMeeting, I just rarely see it running in a HJT log.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 8:43:24 PM, on 11/14/2005

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [!CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver] "C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe" msconf.dll,CleanupNetMeetingDispDriver 0
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas…library/msconf/
See the above information, then just use HJT to remove the line.

These are items you may not want running all of the time, information in the link right under the line:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\Updreg.exe
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-4034.html >>> just remove this line

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-1568.html

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [YBrowser] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\ybrwicon.exe
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-4598.html <<< unless you use it a lot.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Motive SmartBridge] C:\PROGRA~1\SBCSEL~1\SMARTB~1\MotiveSB.exe
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-5774.html

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MimBoot] C:\PROGRA~1\MUSICM~1\MUSICM~1\mimboot.exe
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-6801.html

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] "C:\Program Files\Musicmatch\Musicmatch Jukebox\mm_tray.exe"
http://castlecops.com/startuplist-2153.html

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
Unless you use it a lot, it can also be started manually when needed.

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
This should be windows messenger and I would disable it unless you use it. Not the same as MSNIM.

Let me be clear that none of the above is bad, just wasting your resources if you need them. You will have to make the call, as you know what you use and what you don't. I would also do one or two at a time so if you do not like the results it is easier to change back. If you have not used MSConfig before, Microsft will send you messages when you use it, just click them away and tell it not to warn you again.

One last thing, I would like a look at your uninstall list if I may. I may spot something for you:

Open Hijackthis.
Click the "Open the Misc Tools" section Button.
Click the "Open Uninstall Manager" Button.
Click the "Save list…" Button.
Save it to your desktop. Copy and paste the contents into your reply.

Thanks…Phil
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Visit the CoyoteStore http://TomCoyote.org/coyotestore.php

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI