This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Save Mode Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have recently tried to start my computer in safe mode to see if i could get rid of this Trojan.Vundo virus that wont seem to go away. Everything seems to be going well, i come up to the user login screen for windows xp. I click on my login and it starts to load the desktop up. a mssg pops up about keeping your computer in safe mode (yes or no answer) and before i can finish reading it goes away and nothing loads up. I am stuck with the background picture which is black with safe mode in the four corners. So i hit ctr+alt+del and pull my task manager up with no problem. I go to new task and try to run explorer.exe. The mssg pops up again but i click yes work in safe mode. My desktop finally seems to load but then it disappears. It seems something is stopping the explorer.exe file from runing. I can run other programs fine in the safe mode through my task manager, just not my desktop. It is getting really annoying. Any help?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI