Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Problem with Outlook Express XP

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 busymommabug

busymommabug

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 October 2005 - 10:20 AM

When I click send/receive on the Outlook Express toolbar, it eventually sends new messages along with ~20 messages I've already received, the earliest dating to Oct. 14th. When the send/receive %age is at 51%, Norton's email scanner appears and then it takes another hour for messages to hit the screen. Seems to be stuck in some kind of a loop. Assume I received an email which triggered this. I've run PandaScan, Adaware, and Norton AntiVirus. A critical object was deleted after Adaware, a tracking cookie. PandaScan id'd spyware, Norton, nothing. Should I uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express to get rid of the problem?

Advertisements

Register to Remove