Can anyone tell me how to get rid of this worm!!!!!!!
I have Panda Titanium, Adaware se, Spybot search & Destroy, window washer, I've tried everything I can think of to get rid! but nothing has worked. The latest email i got was from "[removed]" with this email.
Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 warning:
The file C:WINDOWSsystem32zipx.dat [readme .exe] was infected by the W32/Lebreat.P.worm virus and has been disinfected.
###################################################################################################
Predators
I know it says its been disinfected but I want rid altogether.
Please Help
Thanx
I havn't been able to delete. I've even tried to delete manually but simply can't find where they are. Running Ewido, anti-virus, spybot, regclean, allsorts of things like that don't have an effect.
It isn't making my pc play up in any way but i just don't like the fact that theres something there.
Any Ideas
The only malicious entries found are backed up in System Restore. We'll clean that out and see if Panda Antivirus finds anything now.
The worm itself looks to have been removed from the email. It is no longer present on the computer.
Reset and Re-enable your System Restore to remove bad files that have been backed up by Windows. The files in System Restore are protected to prevent any programs changing those files. This is the only way to clean these files: (You will lose all previous restore points which are likely to be infected.)
1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. On the System Restore tab, put a check mark in the 'Turn Off System Restore' check box.
3. Click OK, and then click Yes.
4. Restart the computer.
5. Repeat steps 1 - 2, this time clearing the box beside 'Turn Off System Restore', click 'OK'.
Now run a scan with Panda Antivirus and let me know if it finds anything.
Hi Allan
Thanx for your help. I did as you instructed but when I ran a full scan with Panda it was still picking up the files with the worms. However all this has helped because i suddenley realised where they where. The infected files where 'deleted emails' and although not causing any harm where still being picked up by Panda.
By simply permanantly deleting the 'deleted items' folder (or the folders contents I should say) it has cured the problem.
Although Panda Titanium is quite good, its not very good at post scan service ie it doesn't give you any options on what to do with whatever it finds.
Anyway thanx again for your help, we got there in the end.
Take Care
Jeff
I'm glad you were able to locate the problem emails. I'm really suprised that mwavscan did not locate them.
Since everything seems to be working normally now, I'll give you my security recommendations.
I suggest that you download these programs to help keep the computer clean:
Spyware Blaster - Blocks bad ActiveX items from installing on your computer. Spyware Blaster runs silently in the background. ie-spyad - Puts over 12,000 bad URLs into your restricted sites for Internet Explorer. Google Toolbar - Blocks many unwanted pop-ups in Internet Explorer. Firefox - 'Safer' alternative to the Internet Explorer web browser. ZoneAlarm - Free firewall program if you currently are not using one.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.
Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.