This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Forum updated to vers. 2.11

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Thanks Micah I found the 'After Posting' drop down menu in the 'Replying to Forum' screen, between 'File Attachments' and 'Post Icons'. I got there by pressing 'Add Reply'. What are you seeing on that screen? Dave
Jacee I had to go to the IPB 2.1 Default skin before the 'Profile Options' button would work. That's where I found the 'all posts' link when 'Viewing Profile' on a member. But the 'Open in New Tab' feature of FF doesn't work with that pull-down menu. Sheesh. Dave
Click on your Nick, you should see Profile Options on the right side. I'm using the IPB 2.1 Default skin. The only other choice I have is TomCoyote

I found the 'After Posting' drop down menu in the 'Replying to Forum' screen, between 'File Attachments' and 'Post Icons'. I got there by pressing 'Add Reply'.

What are you seeing on that screen?


On the "Replying to forum screen", I have nothing between 'File Attachments' and 'Post Icons', before or after pressing 'Add Reply'
Does this thing come with training wheels ? :weee: Guess I'm going to have to send users my replies via snail mail. Yup, only two option skins for me too and I can't use either skin, to post in the Hijack This forum.
I don't mind having to reply, then move posts in two different steps.

I did see one thing tonight using the IPB skin.

When you move a post, this:

Leave a link to the new topic in the source forum?

Defaults to "Yes".

If it could be changed to "No", that would probably be a good thing.

Don't worry about my problem Daveai.

Piatan needs his problem solved WAY before mine.
Update on posting in the Hijack This forum. I was able to reply to one user, just now. However the user to which I could not reply to yesterday or today, I am still unable to post a reply. Possibly, it is only that single user that is a problem. Hi Micah_6:8. I'll bet daveai can juggle both of us at the same time. ;)
Piatan, If you want, you can PM me your response to any user you can't reply to, and I'll relay it along until your problem is resolved. Be sure to place it between "CODE" markers. M68 :)
I have no "After posting" box. I did on the old board. On my screen the bars for "File Attachments" and "Post Icons" are adjacent to each other - nothing in between. I can't "post and move" at the same time… It's no big deal. I'm sure the "kinks" will be worked out.