This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Forum updated to vers. 2.11

12 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

The forum software that runs TomCoyote has been updated to version 2.11. This is to keep the site secure, and it also introduces many new features. Please post any issues, comments, or concerns here so that we may discuss and resolve them.
Just curious as to what the RSS button at the bottom left of the forum is for. When I click it and click Hijack Logs afterward, I get an error message.

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?act=rssout&id=1
Line Number 47, Column 2645:
It allows you to subscribe to an RSS feed of the forum(s). I only have the HijackThis log forum setup at this time. It was working earlier, but I see it's not now. I take a look at it tomorrow (2 am here). edit: update… errors in Firefox, no errors clicking in IE. The subscribe button in FF seems to work ok. Will investigate further.
Good Morning Blair. Under the new version, when bringing up a users profile, the list of options that included 'show all posts for a user' (the list that was to the right side of the 'Viewing Profile' panel) is no longer there, and the 'Profile Options' button is not operable under the default skin. Edit – I did some checking and the feature (Profile Options button) works under two of the skins and does not under the other two. Works under 'TomCoyote' and 'IPB 2.1 Default'. Does not work under 'TomCoyote Skin (default) *' and 'IBP Default Skin *' Thanks Dave

'TomCoyote' and 'IPB 2.1 Default'.

I only have those 2 options.

So far I only notice one issue. When adding a Smilie it places it at the end and not where you click.
Example: I want to put a wave here,





But if there's data here, it'll put the smilie here. :wavey:
Is there no way to "reply" and "move" a topic at the same time as in the "old" version? I moved some solved hijacks, and had to "reply", then "move" them. It's no big deal…. Oh… By the way…. From looking at your picture there…. Are you "old" enough to be an "administrator"? :unsure: ;) :rofl:
Micah_6:8,

That option still shows up on both skins for me. Right under File Attachments, it shows After Posting [(dropdown box)].

You can also use the Multi-Moderation box and select Solved Hijack This Log (close and move). It's one step quick and easy. :P
Hi Blair, alsocom and all. I seem to be unable to use the "Add Reply" or the "Preview Post" options in the Malware (Hijack This) forum. So, I'm unable to reply to my users. Click on either and it does nothing. I noticed this first yesterday and it continues today. I keep expecting to see a "time out", but not even that pops up. By the way, I have changed nothing. Everything is as it came supplied. Also, both options seem to work just fine in this forum, which seems to be obvious to all. I'm sure Blair is very advanced, for his age. :rofl:

That option still shows up on both skins for me. Right under File Attachments, it shows After Posting [(dropdown box)].


I must have forgotten to make my "After Posting dropdown box" payment… 'Cuz I don't got one… :(

This was true for me at home (using Firefox), and at work (using IE)
Piatan, is your problem true for all posts, or just some?

I have had a problem in the past with some posts.

Like this one:

Click Me

I have tried and tried to edit out the email addy in that post (at home and at work).

The browser just chugs and chugs….

Eventually I get:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

——————————————————————————–

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?

The following error was encountered:

Zero Sized Reply
Squid did not receive any data for this request.


I'm sure Blair is very advanced, for his age.


But "he's got the cutest little baby face…"
:rofl:
Piatan and Micah 6:8 Have you tried using a differnet skin for the forum. The skin selector is a drop down menu at the bottom of the page (next to the RSS) button. I had problems at first with buttons not working, and by changing to 'IPB 2.1 Default' skin they cleared up. Dave
Just switched to the skin you suggested… Still no "After Posting dropdown box". And it took me a while to find the "RSS" button. If the skin is set to "Tom Coyote", there is no "RSS" button…. :blink:
Hi daveai I did switch skins as you advised, to 'IPB 2.1 Default' and there is no change, the wheels just keep on spinning and never seem to stop, when attempting to post in the Hijack This forum. Also, I did note that when using the 'IPB 2.1 Default', the 'Post Reply' was replaced by 'Add Reply'. Strange that posting would be a problem on one TC forum and not on another. :blink:
I edited out the email address Micah :) Now if someone could just tell me where to find "all posts and topics" by a member, I sure would appreciate the information.