This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

CPU usage

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I try to open windows explorer, my computer, control panel, or any other program, my computer locks up. Upon looking at task manager, I can see that explorer.exe is shooting up to 100% CPU usage. I can "end the process" for explorer.exe and rerun it - the CPU usage drops back down to 0%. As soon as I click on anything, it goes back to 100%. My hijackthis header is: Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 2:45:57 PM, on 10/2/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) Please help me like you've helped so many others!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI