thunder1
Topic Starter
I can't get PsGuard to stop loading the C:\WINDOWS\System32\hp****.tmp file!!
(it keeps reinstalling every time I delete it in safe mode w/ HijackThis)
My log never shows any R1, R2, etc…
My beta microsoft anti spyware show's to delete those nasty registry files but they still remain and am not sure what else besides those that are causing this to still stay around. ugh!
Here's several examples of psguard in the registry (it won't let me delete them- from regedit, and these won't show up in my HijackThis file!!)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard\PSGuard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard\PSGuard\License
and I am not sure this one is still around but this is what the microsoft spyware pulled up as suspect, but I find no file of it being deleted…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ShudderLTD\PSGuard C:\Program Files\PSGuard
I've run many of the programs you say in your other threads in safe mode
Cccleaner, Run Cleaner, Panda, ewido, adware se, spybot search and destroy, cw shredder, killbox.exe, AVG free and also previous I ran smitfraud.reg
I haven't done smitRem.exe, but all of these things have killed this little devil the last time I was infected…
I have checked and cannot find any of these files still on my computer (files showing all hidden)
ie: the C:\Windows\System32 folder
Popuper.exe
intmon.exe
shinlog.exe
intmonp.exe
ole32vbs.exe
among others…just the hp****.tmp keeps coming back ..
and when I go to panda to do a scan it sometimes triggers the virus up…ugh!
the O2 - BHO keeps reapearing (no name) - {893fad3a-931e-4e53-b515-b1426d63799b} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpAF99.tmp (file missing)
sorry for all the info, but just trying to give you the history, maybe you can find something I have overlooked from my logfile! THANKS in advance!!
-PS..I only have mcafee by itself loaded normally as my antivirus!!
here's the logfile:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:48:11 PM, on 9/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALURIA~2\asKernel.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\OasClnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvctrl.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\StartupMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mcinfo.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {893fad3a-931e-4e53-b515-b1426d63799b} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpAF99.tmp (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Run StartupMonitor] StartupMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid;=0x409
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE74A05D-ED12-473A-97F8-85FB0E2F479F} (dlControl.UserControl1) - http://www.cinemanow.com/dlControl_3_0.CAB
O23 - Service: asKernel - Aluria - C:\PROGRA~1\ALURIA~2\asKernel.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe
(it keeps reinstalling every time I delete it in safe mode w/ HijackThis)
My log never shows any R1, R2, etc…
My beta microsoft anti spyware show's to delete those nasty registry files but they still remain and am not sure what else besides those that are causing this to still stay around. ugh!
Here's several examples of psguard in the registry (it won't let me delete them- from regedit, and these won't show up in my HijackThis file!!)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard\PSGuard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ShudderLTD\PSGuard\PSGuard\License
and I am not sure this one is still around but this is what the microsoft spyware pulled up as suspect, but I find no file of it being deleted…
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ShudderLTD\PSGuard C:\Program Files\PSGuard
I've run many of the programs you say in your other threads in safe mode
Cccleaner, Run Cleaner, Panda, ewido, adware se, spybot search and destroy, cw shredder, killbox.exe, AVG free and also previous I ran smitfraud.reg
I haven't done smitRem.exe, but all of these things have killed this little devil the last time I was infected…
I have checked and cannot find any of these files still on my computer (files showing all hidden)
ie: the C:\Windows\System32 folder
Popuper.exe
intmon.exe
shinlog.exe
intmonp.exe
ole32vbs.exe
among others…just the hp****.tmp keeps coming back ..
and when I go to panda to do a scan it sometimes triggers the virus up…ugh!
the O2 - BHO keeps reapearing (no name) - {893fad3a-931e-4e53-b515-b1426d63799b} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpAF99.tmp (file missing)
sorry for all the info, but just trying to give you the history, maybe you can find something I have overlooked from my logfile! THANKS in advance!!
-PS..I only have mcafee by itself loaded normally as my antivirus!!
here's the logfile:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:48:11 PM, on 9/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP1 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\netdde.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALURIA~2\asKernel.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cisvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\OasClnt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvctrl.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshld.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsescn.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\StartupMonitor.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\RunDll32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cidaemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
c:\program files\mcafee.com\shared\mcinfo.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Dan\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {893fad3a-931e-4e53-b515-b1426d63799b} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\hpAF99.tmp (file missing)
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msdxm.ocx
O3 - Toolbar: McAfee VirusScan - {BA52B914-B692-46c4-B683-905236F6F655} - c:\progra~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcvsshl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WINDVDPatch] CTHELPER.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Run StartupMonitor] StartupMonitor.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCAgentExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VirusScan Online] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\mcvsshld.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VSOCheckTask] "C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\VSO\mcmnhdlr.exe" /checktask
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OASClnt] C:\Program Files\McAfee.com\VSO\oasclnt.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_07\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MCUpdateExe] c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcupdate.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msjava.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\yhexbmes0521.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=36467&clcid;=0x409
O16 - DPF: {4ED9DDF0-7479-4BBE-9335-5A1EDB1D8A21} (McAfee.com Operating System Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…90/mcinsctl.cab
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {BCC0FF27-31D9-4614-A68E-C18E1ADA4389} (DwnldGroupMgr Class) - http://download.mcafee.com/molbin/shared/m…,23/mcgdmgr.cab
O16 - DPF: {CE74A05D-ED12-473A-97F8-85FB0E2F479F} (dlControl.UserControl1) - http://www.cinemanow.com/dlControl_3_0.CAB
O23 - Service: asKernel - Aluria - C:\PROGRA~1\ALURIA~2\asKernel.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: ewido security suite guard - ewido networks - C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\ewidoguard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee WSC Integration (McDetect.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\program files\mcafee.com\agent\mcdetect.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee.com McShield (McShield) - McAfee Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\vso\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Task Scheduler (McTskshd.exe) - McAfee, Inc - c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mctskshd.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SecurityCenter Update Manager (mcupdmgr.exe) - McAfee, Inc - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcupdmgr.exe