This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

HijackThis Bug?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

am trying to resolve this psguard virus. It hit my computer before and I was able to clean it following advise from other threads. When I read the Hijackthis report…I cannot see any registry files to check so I can delete? I know which ones need to be deleted because I have gone into regedit and they are there and cannot be deleted. here is 2 examples: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ShudderLTD\PSGuard C:\Program Files\PSGuard HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\General Wallpaper %SystemRoot%\System32\\wppp.html am I stuck and must reload OS… Hijackthis has been my saving grace last time……. :( Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks
Much of this infection does not show in the HijackThis log. Please start a new topic in the HijackThis Logs and Spyware/Malware Removal with a copy of your HijackThis log. One of the helpers will be along as soon as possible to help finish cleaning the computer.

There is no need to reload the OS from this infection. :)