This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help! Slow computer

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have just gone through a nightmare of trojans, spyware, malware, etc. The computer is back in shape and well-protected. Now I notice that it is still running way slower that it used to. I downloaded something called " A Really Small Application" - trying to figure out what the heck is running on my computer that I don't know about. Right now the program says I only have 28% free memory. Since I have plenty of hard drive space, what does this mean and how do I fix it? Says 40 processes are running on my computer, but I hardly have anything in the taskbar - right lower corner near the clock. What's good, what's bad and how do I kill all this junk without damaging something important? :huh: Thanks, Lannie

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI