This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Bad Checksum when updating Spybot definitions

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can someone help me figure out what is going on with my spybot? I keep getting an error message when I try to run spybot that says "This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I uninstalled Spybot S&D, deleted the old spybot folder from program files, then rebooted and reinstalled. I get the exact same error when running spybot and even after the error, spybot loads but it won't update definitions, I get a bad checksum error listed as the reason why it doesn't update. What do I need to do? Thanks, Wanda
hmm…I dunno…I can do a search for the file I suppose, but I have no idea what a slipstreamed version of XP is. I am using the version that came shipped with my pc from the manufacturer…with all the most recent updates… Wanda

See if you find it located here \System32\wbem\

If you do, then do this:
Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties on the shortcut menu that appears. If you receive framedyn.dll error , click OK.

In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
Click Environment Variables.
Under System variables, click Path, and then click Edit.
NOTE: If no Path variable is listed, click New. In the Variable name box, type Path.
In the Variable value box, type the following:
%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\wbem
Click OK three times (or each time that you have the option).



Let me know if this helps.
OK…I found the file where you said, did the start–right click my computer chose properties but got no framedyn.dll error pop up message. Now what? By the way, Thanks so much for all of your help! Wanda
I am still getting the framedyn.dll error, but I finally got my updates to work. I just have no idea what is causing the other error now. Its so strange. Thanks for the help. This forum ROCKS! Wanda

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI