This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Bad Updates?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have installed Spybot Search and Destroy on several different computers over the past few days. On each computer that I have installed onto, I always get the message !!! bad checksum ! listed by the first two updates downloaded. I have searched this forum and can't find anyone else discussing this issue. Certainly I can't the only one experiencing this problem considering the fact that it occurs on multiple machines. Does anyone know why this is happening? Did the software update successfuly and this is some eroneous error or am I scanning with old versions? :scratch:
That happened to me until I checked the box (or whatever it was) just to the left of the updates. Then everything went well. :)
I have tried both manually updating and with automatic updates. Both ways generates this bad checksum error. As far as the checkmarks go, it's my understanding that you have to put those checkmarks there first to even get the updates so I'm not sure how that error could be generated without the checkmarks there to begin with. Does anyone know that is going on here with the bad checksum error?