This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Favicon

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

cnm, I PM'd you with a direct link to view it. Then you can grab it out of your Temporary Internet files if you want to keep it. Zero, I have to compliment you. That is a very nice icon/gif/image! Mo
DUH. Of course the pink edges are gone after saving as bmp and converting to ico in Irfanview. But there are white ones there. If you put it on a dark red background you can see them. But the address bar is white, so you can't. Icon Edit still can't see the image. Still need a better converter which doesn't create the white background. I am going to look into it. Just because it bothers me.
MicroAngelo may work for you. It's trial version Put that code in between the HEAD flags on the page. The URL that alerts the browser to the icon is just your Web address with the domain taken off and a leading slash. It should be seen then. Just make sure the .ico is where you say it is, in the root of the directory. The code is a workaround for secure sites.
Nice to see so many friendly names. I feel a bit like a stalker following you all around. :D Sorry it didn't work, I've never tried it myself but just may give it a go now I have my own little corner of the web. :P You can call me Tony, Katie B) (Not another one I hear you cry) :lol:
Yeah! It works. I went over and added the site to Favorites. The Icon showed up. Have a look and see what you think? I am not going to keep it for more than a day or so. It isn't mine. But I do think it looks very nice as a favicon. It would be very nice over here.

http://www.tomcoyote.org/~mosaic1/spybot/

Zero,

Have any ideas for something for Spybot Help?

Mo
Nice one Katie, well done. I don't know how it looks in Windows but the Mac has that glass reflection effect on it's tabs and slightly mars it.

Attachments:

  • [attachment removed: fav.gif]
Thanks guys, I just wanted you all to see how Tom's icon looked in the event he wanted to use it. Tony, it does have little white edges. That's a problem as a result of converting a gif to an icon. The original gif cnm posted showed as having little pink edges – the mask color after the conversion. So I downloaded and saved as bmp first. Then converted. Maybe a better converting software would remove the white. I have IconEdit but it doesn't even show the image. I don't think it is recognized as being a real icon there. Otherwise Icon edit would be able remove the white. The IE AddressBar is white. The edges blend in. For any other color they'll be a problem. It doesn't look too good in your screen shot. That's something to be considered. I am going to take it down later today. It's not mine to keep. I am going to use some kind of a FavIcon. I'll see what I can come up with using IconEdit. It's a nice little utility. Limited in my case but nice. (and it is freeware) Mo
Oh Boy. Am I ever graphically challenged. I'll have to settle for something already in existence. Unless someone wants a square with some initials on it. IconEdit and I just don't make a happy couple. Either do the Gif Lite animator and I which is so dusty on my hard drive. I do believe I am seeing a pattern here. LOL