This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Slow Computer and Pop-Ups

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, My computer is running very slowly and I recieve various popups that I never before recieved. Is there anything that I should do to make my computer function faster as well as remove the annoying popups. -Tanya
Maintenance applicatons are a must.. disk clean-up … defrag… etc. This will improve performance and keep errors to a minimum. As far as pop-ups go there may several different causes. Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI