hello, you knowledgeable lot.
I've just received an email from a friend saying that when he tried to visit my website today, Norton antivirus told him it had detected a trojan horse attempt. He presumed this was coming from my site and duly informed me. I can't figure out where this would be coming from, unless it's a result of the shoutbox I've got on there. but I've not had any trouble with the site, and I have Norton antivirus plus lots of anti malware stuff running, so I'm puzzled. Would really like your opinions on this - is it likely to be a coincidence, or should I be worried?
Can you private message the address to me? I'll check it out.
Click the PM under my avatar.
Just from hering your description, I think it's just a false positive. It is unlikely that a hacker did that.
hi
it seems i can't use pm'ing yet as i haven't got enough posts clocked up. the link is http://www.ilovethexfiles.co.uk - hope it's ok to post that in here. i've just realised i don't even have a tagboard on that site, so it can't be that. all that's on there is a picture and some links.
Hi,
Your site is fine, I've checked all of the source on your website and all the websites you link to. I have not found anything that would cause a virus warning pop-up. Your site is perfectly safe, don't worry about it
It was probably a coincidence. Maybe thier anti-virus was updating, showing it's logo, and probably that made them think you had a virus on your site.
hi
thanks for taking the time to check it out for me. much appreciated
it was definately a virus, because it gave them a link to the norton page on how to clean "downloader.trojan" . i've had this stupid trojan more times than i can count on my own pc, which was another reason why i was confused/concerned. but now i'm convinced it was something else that caused it.
again, thanks very much for your help.