Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91675 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Computer Illiterate (Green Text Links)!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 Louie295

Louie295

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:14 PM

I do not know if I am in the right section but I believe this is the best one for my problem. On my computer when I open any webpage including this one I find that random words are in green text and underlined if you click on these words they take you to a search link named hotsearchbar.com. If the word says "computer" the search engine will then take you to a seach for computers and so on....My whole screen is covered with these little links to this search engine. I do not remember downloading this search engine. I have ran spybot to see if it would go away, I have tryed to run a virus scan but McAffee does not help either. I'm not too computer savy so I' am sorry if I'm in the wrong section can anyone please help? Thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 17 August 2005 - 04:24 PM

Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 Louie295

Louie295

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2005 - 07:08 PM

Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

View Post

Thanks for your help!

#4 Guest_Bobbi Flekman_*

Guest_Bobbi Flekman_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2005 - 05:12 AM

This is a duplicate of http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=44611

So it's being closed.