This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer Illiterate (Green Text Links)!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I do not know if I am in the right section but I believe this is the best one for my problem. On my computer when I open any webpage including this one I find that random words are in green text and underlined if you click on these words they take you to a search link named hotsearchbar.com. If the word says "computer" the search engine will then take you to a seach for computers and so on….My whole screen is covered with these little links to this search engine. I do not remember downloading this search engine. I have ran spybot to see if it would go away, I have tryed to run a virus scan but McAffee does not help either. I'm not too computer savy so I' am sorry if I'm in the wrong section can anyone please help? Thank you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI