This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox and Java dont like each other?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I share a PC with my brother. He runs IE, I prefer Firefox (v.1). My problem is, when I try to visit certain sites, sometimes FF freezes up and gives me the following error message:

The Java Runtime Environment cannot be loaded from <\bin\server\jvm.dll :blink:

What can I do about it? I usually have several tabs open at the same time, and it's very frustrating to lose data all because of that error. Any and all assistance will certainly be most appreciated.


Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 1:16:04 AM, on 7/26/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

[external image: Posted Image]
Have you re-installed moz yet? Also might go to Sun.java and download the latest platform. (which you may already have but may be some corupt files and that will fix it) Also off the subject a bit, you can tweak FF and make it the browser you read about. Type in the url about:config and click go. Scroll down to were you find Network.http.Max-connections………………………………………16 Network.http.Max-connections-per-server………………………..8 Network.http.Max-persistant-connections-per-proxy…………..4 Network.http.Max-persistant-connections-per-server………….2 Network.http.pipelining……………………………………………….True Network.http.pipelining.maxrequest……………………………….2 Cant remember if that last one, under the word true, defaults at 2 but doesnt matter.. you want to change them to.. from top to bottom respectively 48..16..8..4…true.. 32 exit browser, reopen it.. and now your smokin'

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI