This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

New to HJT. Followed Instructions

5 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:38:21 PM, on 7/23/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\WINPATROL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE
C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\MEMTURBO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WORDWEB\WWEB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WNF.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://ms101.mysearch.com/sa/srchlft.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HTML SIGHTS\MICROSOFT\293907 - How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6_files\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mdac_runonce] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TweakDUN] C:\PROGRAM FILES\TWEAKDUN\tweakdun.exe splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dmqps.exe] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\dmqps.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAds] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE"
O4 - Startup: MemTurbo.lnk = C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\memturbo.exe
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES0411.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES0411.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
I have a problem with some auto run exe. loading (per Scotty/WinPatrol) here is my HJT log. Thanks for any help at all.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:21:33 AM, on 7/24/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\WINPATROL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE
C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\MEMTURBO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WORDWEB\WWEB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WNF.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://ms101.mysearch.com/sa/srchlft.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HTML SIGHTS\MICROSOFT\293907 - How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6_files\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mdac_runonce] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TweakDUN] C:\PROGRAM FILES\TWEAKDUN\tweakdun.exe splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAds] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE"
O4 - Startup: MemTurbo.lnk = C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\memturbo.exe
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES0411.DLL
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {4528BBE0-4E08-11D5-AD55-00010333D0AD} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\YAHOO!\MESSENGER\YHEXBMES0411.DLL
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
Hello basicfish and welcome to TomCoyote forum. If you are not receiving help elsewhere please follow these directions in the posted order.

1) Download CCleaner from this link: http://www.ccleaner.com/ Review the instructions on the download page and please do not run it until I ask you to.

2) Download and run these two programs making sure you update and configure them before running. Please do not activate TeaTimer during the HJT fix.
http://tomcoyote.org/aawsb.php

3) Please turn off WinPatrol, it will block our fix: right click the running icon, and exit.

4) Open HijackThis and choose "Do a system scan only" then check the box in front of these line items:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…://my.yahoo.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://ms101.mysearch.com/sa/srchlft.html
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapps.yahoo.com/customize/…//www.yahoo.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\MY DOCUMENTS\HTML SIGHTS\MICROSOFT\293907 - How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 6_files\blank.htm
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O3 - Toolbar: SearchToolbar - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows, then click on "Fix Checked"

5) Run CCleaner but do not use the registry cleaner unless you backup the registry first as prompted. Then restart the computer and post a new HJT log in this same thread along with any feedback you have. Let us know how you are running.

I have a problem with some auto run exe. loading (per Scotty/WinPatrol)

For specific questions about WinPatrol, please register free and post them here: http://castlecops.com/forum105.html

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
Thanks PSKELLY for your help. I took the steps per your inst. and it may have removed the problem, but I think I still have something strange going on. I hope this log file can help you help me. If not, I will try and find a free online scan somewhere. I believe Spyboy found CoolWWW hijacker but it froze after trying to remove it duting a reboot….I'll try to rescan things and be more organized and call on your help again. Right now I have a headache. Yhanks again, Lonnie

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:35:25 PM, on 7/27/05
Platform: Windows 98 Gold (Win9x 4.10.1998)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSTASK.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WND.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE
C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\MEMTURBO.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\WORDWEB\WWEB32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\HEWLETT-PACKARD\HP SHARE-TO-WEB\HPGS2WNF.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 5.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.OCX
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StillImageMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STIMON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon] C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Share-to-Web\hpgs2wnd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [mdac_runonce] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\runonce.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TweakDUN] C:\PROGRAM FILES\TWEAKDUN\tweakdun.exe splash
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVGCtrl] C:\PROGRAM FILES\AVPERSONAL\AVGCTRL.EXE /min
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinPatrol] C:\PROGRAM FILES\BILLP STUDIOS\WINPATROL\winpatrol.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [TrueVector] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE -service
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SchedulingAgent] mstask.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [NoAds] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOADS\NOADS.EXE"
O4 - Startup: MemTurbo.lnk = C:\A MAITENANCE 05\MEMTURBO\memturbo.exe
O4 - Startup: WordWeb.lnk = C:\Program Files\WordWeb\wweb32.exe
O4 - Startup: PowerReg SchedulerV2.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_04\bin\npjpi142_04.dll
O16 - DPF: {A17E30C4-A9BA-11D4-8673-60DB54C10000} (YahooYMailTo Class) - http://us.dl1.yimg.com/download.yahoo.com/…/ymmapi_416.dll
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {7F8C8173-AD80-4807-AA75-5672F22B4582} (ICSScanner Class) - http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/promotion…/ICSScanner.cab
Hi Lonnie, You a very welcome :) and I can understand about the headaches. I will look at this new log in a moment but first I can say I do not see evidence of CoolWebSearch on the computer. If you wish to run CWShredder to be sure you can download it free here:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popu…WShredder.shtml Update and choose FIX and allow the program to remove anything it locates.
I will also suggest running Spybot Search and Destroy in safe mode. Here are instructions for entering safe mode if you need them: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

This toolbar was missed somehow but I don't think it is a problem with the file missing. You may use HJT to remove it as you did the last time if you wish.
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {08BEC6AA-49FC-4379-3587-4B21E286C19E} - (no file)
AdWare.ToolBar.SBSoft.h (left from this)

Your HJT log is clean beside that. I will give you this information now: Here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=3051
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html

So you can review it in an effort to stay safe and clean. If you need additional help, please let me know. I will keep your thread open for a few days for this…Phil

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.
If you are reading this information…thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English…thank a soldier.
Phil, Thanks for all your help. Also thanks for the links, I believe you have compiled a very informative knowledge base. I am unemployed at the moment and the Coyote site will be remembered in the future. I do support these friendly helpful forums.\ I see your from Clearwater ,FL. My home was St. Cloud, Fl for 14 years. Man I miss my fishing. Bass, Snook, Tarpon, Shark, Redfish etc. I fished 10,000 Islands enough to be a pro guide. I have a 32lb. snook and 115 lb tarpon under my belt (light tackle is the only way to go, its more challenging). OK, I am straying of the main subject here. Thanks again Phil, Lonnie….who loves to talk fishin and PC's.
:D Right you are…when I do get out on the Gulf I use a ultralight spining rod and 4 to 6 pound test. I loose the big ones but have a load of fun with the rest. I was with Shells Restaurants for a while and helped open the Shells in Kissimmee, where are you located now? If I can be of additional help, please let me know…Phil Skelley
Had to move back home to Baton Rouge, LA. My Mom and Dad are in bad health. My Dad has cancer and has lost both legs in the past year. Dont like to talk sad news, but thats life. Miss all my golf and fishing buddies in Fl. I have had a great life, so it was time for me to do my part for my family. Sometime in the near future I'll be able to take a break an go spend a week or so, and go hit my old fishin holes and visit my friends. Hope the snook will be around, if not, I'd settle for a tackle rippin Jack or Black tip spinner. Ever fished Sebastian Inlet? Or Cape Coral around Sanibel. Redfish Pass? I'm a Fan/raeder of Randy Wayne White and Carl Hiaasen, how bout you? "Double Whammy" is an excellent read by Hiaasen. You'll laugh till ya cry. Skink is my hero. Check ya latter Phil. nice chattin with ya, hope the moderator dont get upset for us straying out of subject.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI