This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

upgrade to win 2000

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

guys I would like to be pointed in the right direction to upgrade from win ME to windows 2000 I currently have win ME 633Mghz intel celeron 15 Gb hd 12.97 free 128Mbs installed memory no cd burner What do I need to do as I would like to retain MS word ,excell etc also IE outlook express, modem(internal),favorites Mike
with the computer booted up, put the install disk in and follow the instructions to upgrade. NOT to install a fresh/new version of windows. You dont really have alot of room it appears so you'll have to miss out on some of the advantages of upgrading..like using the NTFS file system (uncompressed files as to FAT32 are compressed…speeds things up a bit but arguably so)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI