This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

URGENT BOOTING PROBLEM

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have two hard drives on my computer, the second drive was reformated and later installed windows in it. The idea was to remove that hard drive to be installed in another computer later. But now my computer won't start up with my regular hard drive, since it does not recognize the windows system that was installed there always. Please help me!!!
Did you remember to set the Windows Hard drive jumper as Master? Put all jumpers in, I think. Are you getting an error? What is it?
The second disk (D), from where the puter is starting now has always set to be the slave, an the first © was the master. A friend had a problem with his HD (D) and asked me to save his data to mine so we could reformat his later. After saving the data I reformat the disk still being a slave and installed windows in it, since then my puter needs that HD (D) in order to boot up, my HD © is still there with all the files, it is just not being read as a HD with a system in it…
Boot into the Windows recovery console by booting with an installation CD and pressing "r" Now type: fixmbr -or- fix /mbr And hit enter. Reboot, and tell me what happens.
I have my concerns in using that fix at this moment since many articles that I already read suggests that that fix may delete files. I have been reading articles about fixing the boot.ini file first which I am thinking to try first…
OK try typing: bootcfg Before you try the fixmbr command. You should also back-up any important information you have on the HD with A live Linux Distribution like Linux. (Or slave it to another computer like you did before)