Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cws.alfasearch Is Driving Me Nuts

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robert2468

robert2468

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:03 AM

I've CWShredder reporting that my PC is infected with CWS.alfasearch. I cannot visit some websites that appear to have some security features. It seems to me that when I visit websites, something is sent over as well(?). And it will result in "connection closed by remote server" by those websites such as soureforge.net. This is driving me nuts. It's been several days and I've spent hours and nights getting all the spy/virus softwares I could get to kill and remove this problem. Yet, it still sits in the machine. :( Could someone please tell me how on earth if I ever get to kill this piece of sh*t? I dont have much sanity left. Thank you. [I'm on WindowsXP with SP1 and all the carp** critical updates from mr. softy installed.]

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 snapdragin

snapdragin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Interests:Computer security, Graphics/Art, Music

Posted 04 February 2004 - 05:00 AM

Hi Robert,

Could you download and run CWShredder. Be sure you click on the 'Fix' button, and not just the scan button. Let it fix all that it finds. (I realize you said you have it, but I want to be sure you have the most up-to-date version).

Then download HijackThis. Create a new folder on your hard drive (example C:\HijackThis) and move the HijackThis.exe file into the new folder and run it from there. This is necessary to ensure you have backups should anything go wrong. (do NOT put it in a temp folder or on your desktop). Once you have HJT in it's own folder, doubleclick on the hijackthis.exe file, and hit the "Scan" button.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will then change to a "Save Log" button. Press the "Save Log" button and save it as a .txt (text) file. Open the saved .txt file in Notepad, and copy and paste it's contents here. NOTE: Most of what it lists will be harmless and even essential - so, do NOT fix anything yet with HijackThis.

regards,

snap

Edited by snapdragin, 04 February 2004 - 05:04 AM.