DeeJa
Topic Starter
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 4:18:23 PM, on 6/21/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4, 510 MB memory, 160 GB HD
At the end of May I began having trouble with iTunes and certain email. The only thing I could think of that I had done was to use Ccleaner. I posted at their forum and was assured that nothing about the program could cause my problems. I merged the saved registry that Ccleaner will let the user make. And I also tried System Restore back to before I used Ccleaner, but neither one changed anything. I eventually found my way to this site and I have had my computer log checked out and pronounced healthy at the malware forum.
iTunes will load, the progress bar will work, the gray line will go across, and then the Music Store will load. Then the progress bar will start working again and the x to the right of the bar will not work. I cannot get the links to work in the Music Store section. I began having Task Manager open to see what was happening and found that the CPU usage jumped to 100% at the bottom of the TM box. Under Processes, iTunes showed to be 97 or 98–but the program was gone from the screen and in Applications. So the program had to be killed from the Processes tab or the computer restarted. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded new version, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I can go to the library, make playlists, etc. Just now I went to those different sections and the x that won't work in the Progress Bar area while at the Music Store, now worked. Also, I was able to exit iTunes without the CPU zooming to 100%. So it seems to be the Music Store section.
At the same time, my email got messed up. I could view most jpgs if they arrived inline, but if they came as attachments, my viewers said "no preview available". I tried saving the attachments to file, and I still got the same message in the viewers. I am able to go in and view jpgs and gifs I have saved myself, but these email jpgs and a gif will not view even when saved to file. I also received a few emails that were blank, but I don't know what format they were. This occurred in three email clients–OE, Thunderbird and IncrediMailXE. I was able to view an email last night my son sent as a test email–he sent it as an attachment, but it arrived looking like it was inline? But today, someone sent something and it had inline pictures, but there were only xs. I don't know how much some of these problems are mine and some might be the way the other end is sending them.
The only other thing I might should add is that I am using a Dell 4700. I got it in February of this year. Less than three months after getting it, the hard drive went bad. This OS was installed April 21.
If someone knows how I can get these programs cleaned up and working correctly, please help me!? Thanks!