Jump to content

Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91803 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!


Photo

Problem with programs


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DeeJa

DeeJa

    Authentic Member

  • Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 4:18:23 PM, on 6/21/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) 3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4, 510 MB memory, 160 GB HD At the end of May I began having trouble with iTunes and certain email. The only thing I could think of that I had done was to use Ccleaner. I posted at their forum and was assured that nothing about the program could cause my problems. I merged the saved registry that Ccleaner will let the user make. And I also tried System Restore back to before I used Ccleaner, but neither one changed anything. I eventually found my way to this site and I have had my computer log checked out and pronounced healthy at the malware forum. iTunes will load, the progress bar will work, the gray line will go across, and then the Music Store will load. Then the progress bar will start working again and the x to the right of the bar will not work. I cannot get the links to work in the Music Store section. I began having Task Manager open to see what was happening and found that the CPU usage jumped to 100% at the bottom of the TM box. Under Processes, iTunes showed to be 97 or 98--but the program was gone from the screen and in Applications. So the program had to be killed from the Processes tab or the computer restarted. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downloaded new version, installed, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. I can go to the library, make playlists, etc. Just now I went to those different sections and the x that won't work in the Progress Bar area while at the Music Store, now worked. Also, I was able to exit iTunes without the CPU zooming to 100%. So it seems to be the Music Store section. At the same time, my email got messed up. I could view most jpgs if they arrived inline, but if they came as attachments, my viewers said "no preview available". I tried saving the attachments to file, and I still got the same message in the viewers. I am able to go in and view jpgs and gifs I have saved myself, but these email jpgs and a gif will not view even when saved to file. I also received a few emails that were blank, but I don't know what format they were. This occurred in three email clients--OE, Thunderbird and IncrediMailXE. I was able to view an email last night my son sent as a test email--he sent it as an attachment, but it arrived looking like it was inline? But today, someone sent something and it had inline pictures, but there were only xs. I don't know how much some of these problems are mine and some might be the way the other end is sending them. The only other thing I might should add is that I am using a Dell 4700. I got it in February of this year. Less than three months after getting it, the hard drive went bad. This OS was installed April 21. If someone knows how I can get these programs cleaned up and working correctly, please help me!? Thanks!

    Advertisements

Register to Remove


#2 DeeJa

DeeJa

    Authentic Member

  • Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 08:30 PM

I found out what was causing iTunes to lock up when trying to use the Music Store. I was reading at the iTunes forum, and a person said that internet accelerators can interfere. I disabled mine, and the program seems like it is going to work just fine. I haven't tried a download yet, but I can use the links. I had discovered I have to disable the accelerator to download, but never had to disable in order to use the Music Store for searching, until now. I haven't received any emails with attachments lately. I will add to this in the next few days, after I have a chance to see if I still have a problem.

#3 DeeJa

DeeJa

    Authentic Member

  • Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 10:44 AM

I am still having trouble viewing attachments. I use MailWasherPro and have the email clients set to not check for mail--I control where and when it is downloaded. Just now I downloaded mail into Thunderbird. Could not view the attachments in four emails. I forwarded to myself, then downloaded into Outlook Express--still says no preview available. As far as I know, I have viewing attachments enabled in both of those clients and IncrediMail--but attachments are not able to be viewed. Please tell me some things to try to where my email will work properly!!! Thanks!

Related Topics



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users