Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Thanks For The Help ...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 KnightWaterTiger

KnightWaterTiger

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 09:21 AM

I recently acquired CWS, or VSearch ... nasty little bug. A fellow member of our gaming clan turned me on to this site, and it really helped. I kept deleting the Trojan, which redirected my homepage and slowed down my IE ... and every reboot, it popped back up, and I would go to "regedit" and delete it again. I downloaded the trialware of TrojanHunter ... and it found the Trojan launcher. I simply deleted it. I haven't seen it again. Thanks for your help. KnightWaterTiger

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Galadriel

Galadriel

CEO - Chief Elvish Officer

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 10:50 AM

Thanks. :D CWShredder would have done the job also. P.S. I deleted your duplicate post in the "Suggestion" forum. ;)
I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae. A han noston ne 'wilith. - Galadriel

'The world is changed; I can feel it in the water, I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air.'

#3 Zero

Zero

Not really Less Than One ;-)

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach.

Posted 14 October 2003 - 02:38 PM

Currently, for the new CWS attacks, CWShredder is pretty much useless untill we can get ahold of Merijn. Sadly hes been studying for Mid-Terms. :(
Posted Image

#4 KnightWaterTiger

KnightWaterTiger

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 05:26 PM

SpyBot Search & Destroy actually found the registry entries and deleted them, but Trojan Hunter isolated the CWS installer and I simply deleted it. There were actually two installers hidden in my system -- one in the tray that was invisable and another in documents and settings for the USER. mad me off. Anyways, three days later and no reimergance of CWS. Thanks again for Trogan Hunter. KnightWaterTiger

#5 Coyote

Coyote

Emeritus-Expert

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 07:42 PM

TrojanHunter has been an excellent addition to keeping my systems free of problems and I recommend it as worthwhile to purchase and keep updated, it's realtime guard is not heavy on the resources.
Go forth and conquer your goals with the renewed spirit of Coyote and do not let small setbacks stop you from Your Dreams

Microsoft MVP 2006-2007

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)