This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help Required - HiJack Log Attached

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey guys 1st time I've tried this but the pop-ups etc. got a bit too much so if anyone can help then would be appreciative, this is the start-up list:

StartupList report, 10/06/2005, 19:43:38
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\HJT\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssoftsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\Services\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\s-t-i-n-g-e-r.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

————————————————–

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

————————————————–

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

AdaptecDirectCD = "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
WinampAgent = "C:\Program Files\Winamp3\winampa.exe"
Lexmark X1100 Series = "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
NeroCheck = C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
SunJavaUpdateSched = C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
QuickTime Task = "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
msnappau = "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe"
DataLayer = C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
PCSuiteTrayApplication = C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
antiware = c:\windows\system32\elitegsd32.exe

————————————————–

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Yahoo! Pager = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
MyWebSearch Email Plugin = C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
MSMSGS = "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background

————————————————–

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=C:\WINDOWS\System32\logon.scr
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

————————————————–


Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

Norton AntiVirus - Scan my computer.job
Symantec NetDetect.job

————————————————–

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\Macromed\Director\SwDir.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…director/sw.cab

[{33564D57-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}]
CODEBASE = http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/6…922/wmv9VCM.CAB

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\System32\macromed\flash\Flash.ocx
CODEBASE = http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwa…ash/swflash.cab

————————————————–

Enumerating Winsock LSP files:

NameSpace #5: C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
Protocol #1: C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
Protocol #2: C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
Protocol #27: C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll
Protocol #28: C:\Program Files\NewDotNet\newdotnet6_38.dll

————————————————–

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\System32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\System32\stobject.dll

Here is Hijack this logfile:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 19:58:00, on 10/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssoftsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\Services\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Richard\Desktop\s-t-i-n-g-e-r.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp3\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DataLayer] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [antiware] c:\windows\system32\elitegsd32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe -quiet
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MyWebSearch Email Plugin] C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\mwsoemon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O10 - Hijacked Internet access by New.Net
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
O16 - DPF: ChatSpace Full Java Client 3.1.0.235N - http://205.177.13.60/Java/cfsn31235.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2670CD19-E9BC-4873-897C-BFF905AF3616}: NameServer = 194.72.9.34 194.74.65.68
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{2670CD19-E9BC-4873-897C-BFF905AF3616}: NameServer = 194.72.9.34 194.74.65.68
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - Macrovision - C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Cryptainer service (ssoftservice) - Cypherix - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ssoftsrv.exe

Any help much appreciated I just want it cleaned up and back to normal instead of crappy pop-ups every 2 minutes.

Thanks in advance

Rich
Hi Richard, Welcome to TomCoyote forum. Please follow these instruction in the posted order.

1) Please post only a HJT log unless requested to do otherwise.

2) You are hijacked by New.Net. I have yet to find anyone that downloaded it on purpose, if you did please stop and make me aware. Here are the instruction for removing the hijacker.

Please go to add/remove programs and uninstall NewdotNet. If you don't have that option or if you have difficulties then please follow the instructions on this site

3) You have an elite***32.exe infection Added by the Troj/Dloader-HW TROJAN! follow the instructions below:
Thanks miekiemoes!! for this fix.

Please download miekiemoes' LQfix batch here:
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/LQfix.zip
Unzip it to the desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

For additional help in booting into Safe Mode, see the following site:
http://www.pchell.com/support/safemode.shtml

Once in Safe Mode, please run LQfix.bat. When finished, restart your computer in normal mode and please post a new HijackThis log.

Please stay in this same thread, there will be more to do.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
Hello again, thank you for dealing with this so sqiftly am sure you have lots of other people wanting your help so I am most grateful. Have attached the Hijackthis thread having followed the action so far and patiently await my next instructions. Do have one question though and that is what would that trojan thing have done?? And also I have loads of hidden folders when I go into windows named $NtUninstallKBXXXXXX$ where the X's are a different set of numbers everytime, do I need to do anything with these?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 17:53:21, on 11/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\STOPzilla!\SZServer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\STOPzilla.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\Services\SERVIC~1.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ssoftsrv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\HJT\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: STOPzilla Browser Helper Object - {E3215F20-3212-11D6-9F8B-00D0B743919D} - C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\SZIEBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp3\winampa.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Lexmark X1100 Series] "C:\Program Files\Lexmark X1100 Series\lxbkbmgr.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [msnappau] "C:\Program Files\MSN Apps\Updater\01.03.0000.1005\en-us\msnappau.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DataLayer] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\PCSuite\DATALA~1\DATALA~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCSuiteTrayApplication] C:\PROGRA~1\Nokia\NOKIAP~1\TRAYAP~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [STOPzilla] C:\Program Files\STOPzilla!\STOPzilla.exe /autostart
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/
O16 - DPF: ChatSpace Full Java Client 3.1.0.235N - http://205.177.13.60/Java/cfsn31235.cab
O16 - DPF: Yahoo! Chat - http://us.chat1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/cha…t/c381/chat.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{2670CD19-E9BC-4873-897C-BFF905AF3616}: NameServer = 194.72.9.34 194.74.65.68
O17 - HKLM\System\CS1\Services\Tcpip\..\{2670CD19-E9BC-4873-897C-BFF905AF3616}: NameServer = 194.72.9.34 194.74.65.68
O20 - Winlogon Notify: STOPzilla - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\IS3WLHandler.dll
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation Service (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel® Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\System32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Cryptainer service (ssoftservice) - Cypherix - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ssoftsrv.exe
O23 - Service: STOPzilla Service (szserver) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\STOPzilla!\SZServer.exe

Also I installed StopZilla on my mates recommendation and it seems to be doing a good job but only have it on a 15 day trial is it worth investing in or are there better products out there?

Many Thanks for your help and time

Richard
Hello Richard,

thank you for dealing with this so sqiftly am sure you have lots of other people wanting your help so I am most grateful

You are so welcome, I wish you to know that comments like that are why I volunteer to do this in the first place. :)

And also I have loads of hidden folders when I go into windows named $NtUninstallKBXXXXXX$ where the X's are a different set of numbers everytime, do I need to do anything with these?

That is why Microsoft hides them, nothing in the protected/hidden area should be touched unless you know exactly what you are doing. I suggest you disable the hidden files so no one can wonder in there by accident. Before I remove anything in there I research them to death.
Skipping ahead before looking at the logfile.

Also I installed StopZilla on my mates recommendation and it seems to be doing a good job but only have it on a 15 day trial is it worth investing in or are there better products out there?

I must say I know little about this product and I will see if I can validate it's effectiveness for you. I believe I can offer freeware that will work as well. They do on my computer and you can imagine where I go when checking items in the logs.

You go Richard, I lied when I said there would be more to do, :D great job using those tools, your log is clean. :thumbup: before I give you information to help you stay that way, here are a couple of handy tools:

http://www.ewido.net/en/download/ free trial download to do a deep check on your system for malware.

http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/ free online trojan scanner

Either will take a deep look as HJT can't see everything and many malware writers hide their junk from us.

Random reviews about StopZilla, just for your information:
http://www.mcpmag.com/reviews/products/art…ditorialsID=472
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/2005Jan/…50111028478.htm
http://www.download.com/STOPzilla/3000-7786-10104765.html

I wish I could tell you more…here is some great information from Tony Klein, Texruss, ChrisRLG and Grinler to help you stay clean and safe online:
http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=3051
http://russelltexas.com/malware/allclear.htm
http://forum.malwareremoval.com/viewtopic.php?t=14
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topict2520.html

The information in those links comes from some of the most respected folks in malware removal. I will suggest:

http://www.ccleaner.com/ great free cleaning utility

http://toolbar.google.com/ the best free popup blocker I have found. I suggest it without the frills as they are just resource wasters when all you need is search and the blocker.

Here is what I personally run on three computers:
McAfee AV
ZoneAlarm Free (one puter I run the SP2 firewall)
Ad-aware SE Personal v1.06
Spybot S&D v1.04
SpywareBlaster
SpywareGuard (one puter I run TeaTimer instead of SG)
IE-Spyad

All are freeware except McAfee and all will be covered in the above links. I hope this helps.
Good luck and safe surfing, I will keep your link open for a couple of days for any additional questions…Phil

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.
If you are reading this information…thank a teacher, If you are reading it in English…thank a soldier.
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI