This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Security Warning

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

:blink: As per another tech that helped me last week, my computer was deemed totally cleaned up but I can't get a Security warning message off my desktop. It says "A Fatal Error has occured in IE caused by, Trojan-Spy.HTML.Smitfraud.com." I somehow have lost the ability in Display properties to deal with my desktop. I only have two options in there, and that is Settings, and Screensaver.
I have helped 2 of my friends get rid of this one - for some reason - it sounds like you're infested again. I suggest making sure that you have run all the suggested spyware (spybot, adaware, etc) as you did the first time you caught it, and then run and post an hjt log (in the HJT forum of course), and let one of the more experienced people here help you out! this one is definately a pain in the butte….

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI