This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help. whats running

29 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey Piatan Took a while but wanted to get back to you. It seemed that this hi-speed wireless was as much fun as de bugging my computer. I'm learning again but it's a step by step process. It never is as easy as opening the box and plugging in. Lots of problems with driver conflicts and modum connections. I think I've got it all up and running and if it fails again anytime over the next couple of days I will get the gateway replaced. The last item on the hijack log (file missing/Lynxsys) turned out to be one of the issues. We couldn't figure out why the program wouldn't uninstall. Nothing would delete the file and then I remembered the Hi-jack this. It was the key to eliminating the issue. Other than that all is well. All computers seems to be working well. Thank you and my thanks to all you worked with on my problem. I'm driving everyone nuts ensuring all other computers are properly protected and stay that way. Next bug they get to work on. I'll drop a line in a week or two to let you know if all is still well. Fair skies and strong tailwinds Av8tor
Hi av8tor Well, hope I didn't jinx the setup with my warning about that 023 entry. Those are tricky and we can never be 100% positive about them. Good to hear you are getting it sorted. As for myself, I'll stick with the hardwired setup and leave wireless to the more adventuresome ones, like yourself. I'm more a belt and suspenders type. ;)
Glad we could be of help.

Since this topic has been resolved, it will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.
Glad we could be of assistance. This topic is now closed. If you wish it reopened, please send us an email (Click for address) with a link to your thread.

Do not bother contacting us if you are not the topic starter. A valid, working link to the closed topic is required along with the user name used. If the user name does not match the one in the thread linked, the email will be deleted.
Make sure you use proper prevention to keep from having problems occur to your computer in the future.

Coyote's Installed programs for prevention:

http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?showtopic=31418

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI