This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Starting My IBM appears the screen in blue with the topic an some information. I don´t know how to put the BIOS to start the PC in the CD to reinstall de XPPro or to make another think to solve the peoblem. My other (DG) computer is an IBM NetVista PIII with XPPro. The HD cable is an 80 PIN. I don´t know the way to start from the CD because is difficult to find the way to do this in the BIOS setup. I haven´t got a clue how to sol my problem SOS. Thankyou in advance Sorry my english but I´m Spanish :scratch:
Your English is fine : ) What happens when you boot with XP cd in the drive as is.. ? Does it ask "Press Any Key To Boot From CD"….? if so.. press a key and it will boot from the cd. Now you might try getting command prompt and typing FIXBOOT /MBR .. that will re-write the master boot record (for those perusing through this BE CAREFUL doing this.. this is a last ditch effort and you may loose your install all together).. Anyway try that and post back.

Your English is fine : )

What happens when you boot with XP cd in the drive as is.. ? Does it ask "Press Any Key To Boot From CD"….? if so.. press a key and it will boot from the cd. Now you might try getting command prompt and typing FIXBOOT /MBR  .. that will re-write the master boot record (for those perusing through this BE CAREFUL doing this.. this is a last ditch effort and you may loose your install all together).. Anyway try that and post back.

167866


It was impossible to start from the CD (I don´t know why… perhaps I have to read the mannual) but I had a different idea, I used the W2000 four diskettes and it began to run with the XP¡¡¡¡¡????
I thing it had a problem with the drivers o controlers. Thankyou :wavey:
Yeah.. Anything to throw it off XP and then it will boot from xp cd. If it thinks nothing is wrong.. then it will not give you the option.. Thats when you show it who is boss..lol

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI