Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

HAVE LOTS OF THINGS IN START UP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

I'm trying to get this computer to function better. It has been doing all kinds of things - like yesterday the desktop changed to 16 colors and I can't get it to change back. The windows and browser look fine - but all the pictures are grainy and washed out. I've also been getting dll errors. And the start up list is VERY long - but I am not sure what to uncheck and what to leave checked. We cleaned up the computer as best as we could using the Hijack forum. Does anyone have any suggestions? Here's what's in the Start-up, and ALL are checked: THESE are listed as "Registry (per User Run): Task Bar Display Controls AIM AOLCC Window Washer THESE are listed as "Registry (Machine Run): Scan Registry Task Monitor PCHealth System Tray Load Power Profile HPSysDrv Motive Monitor Adaptec Direct CD MvCpIDaemon NWIC Delay HP Log Finder AOL Dialer AOL spyware Protection VSO Check Task Virus Scan Online McAgent.EXE McUpdate.exe (NOTHING LISTED - and NO COMMAND LISTED, but is listed as Machine Run) IPInsight Monitor 01 THESE are listed as "Registry (Machine Service): Load Power Profile Scheduling Agent SSDPSRV *StateMGR Keyboard Manager AOL ACS Daemon1 AOLCC Still Image Monitor McVsRte THESE are listed as "Startup Group": AOL Companion America Online 9.0 Tray Icon AOL Instant Messenger (2) HP Digital Imaging Monitor HP Image Zone Fast Start Internet Answering Machine
Think Outside The Box

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tlz

Tlz

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 08:30 PM

Go here for a msconfig index: http://www.pacs-port...artup_index.htm

#3 free_spirit_etc

free_spirit_etc

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:00 PM

Thanks Tlz! Looks like a lot of good info. I'm just learning this stuff - and there is so much to learn! Free
Think Outside The Box