Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't Stay Online

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 momhomeschool6

momhomeschool6

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 12:03 AM

Computer works fine, fast, etc., but won't stay online. Not a server issue (did this on Earthlink dial-up, and now with different broadband ISP). Will stay online 2-20 minutes, then boots me off with no warning. Restart usually fixes the issue for the next few minutes. Error messages include: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection...", "The host...could not be found...", or "A time-out occurred while communicating with the server...". Have tried about 15 different anti-spyware, etc. programs, have dumped Norton, have loaded Security Task Manager and researched every process running, etc. etc. NOTHING works. Any ideas???

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 DumbTerminal

DumbTerminal

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

I'm going to guess that your NIC card might be failing. Are you going through a router, or just your broadband modem?
We Thank-you for Donating To Show Your Appreciation

#3 momhomeschool6

momhomeschool6

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:34 PM

Well now, that's a new one: what is an NIC card? Computer is only about 15 months old...don't know if that would matter....am running straight through the broadband connection, no router. Actually, am running pretty much OK now. Stays online w/o much problem now, though I often do have to reboot in the morning, or if the computer hasn't been "used" in a while...don't know exactly what I did, just kept "tweeking"...

#4 DumbTerminal

DumbTerminal

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

NIC means Network Interface Card Its where the Ethernet cable plugs into the computer. I'm glad things seem to be working now! :)
We Thank-you for Donating To Show Your Appreciation